THR Tessa’s Transformation<

@Layla
Thank you!
The weather has been lovely so have spent the weekend in the garden! I am even managing to kneel on the grass to tend to the boarders....just need to think about which leg goes first!!
I have a low sports car which has been laid up in favour of an automatic so this weekend it came out of hibernation, it was easier to get in and out of it than it was pre op!
So just the final hurdle of those pesky stutter steps and stiffness to overcome and I will be happy!

:egypdance:Happy four month Hipversary!!
Onward and upward...:driver:

I can’t believe it’s 5 months since my op!
Unfortunately I seem to have hit a brick wall after feeling I was making progress.
On the positive front I am back at work three days a week and am managing a fair amount of walking (at least 10,000 steps a day). However for the last couple of weeks I have been getting pain when I stand from sitting. The pain is in my left buttock and down the back of my thigh, it’s takes a couple of minutes to “walk it out” and then it’s fine. At rest I have no pain and once I am moving the pain goes! I feel like I have turned the clock back ! I also still struggle with going up stairs and reaching to wash feet and my toe nails are a sight!!!
I am wondering if physio would help now?

:hi: Tessa.
I still had stutter steps and tightness at five months especially with an active day at work.
Have you tried doing some exercises at home?
I did see a PT for some gait training and exercises so I think it could be helpful at this point if you are having issues. Also hope you have discarded old shoes and have found some good supportive ones for walking. The bad wear pattern on our old ones is unhelpful.

I found hamstring stretches especially helpful.
Here's a link to an article in our library.
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/hamstring-stretches.12161/

Happy five months
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Slow and mindful...
Hoped it helps!:)

Well it’s now more than 8 months since surgery. Still get a bit of stiffness on standing and not regained full movement but almost there. Walking is no problem, managed 10 miles a couple of months ago! However the right hip is definitely going and have just seen the surgeon who said my right hip has deteriorated significantly since my last x Ray so I have having a right THR in November. I want to wait till then as my daughter is getting married at the beginning of November. I am certainly not as restricted or in as much pain as I was with my left hip but I don’t want to get that bad again!
So, it definitely is here we go again!

Hi @tessa :)
Good to see your update on hip #1 and glad to know your wait isn't too terribly long for #2.
You know you have a host of supporters here.:loveshwr:
I hope your daughter's wedding is spectacular.

Great that you are not having to wait too long for the second and glad the stiffness has resolved for you. I am still a bit stiff if sitting for too long 12 months on but it resolves after walking for even 5 minutes.

@tessa, here you indicate your surgery will be the 19th of November, but in the November Nimbles' surgery list thread you have the 18th-----please let me know which date is correct.

:chuckmarch:nearly one year apart. Roll on November, double hippy time.:flwrysmile:

Great news! You'll go into the New Year with surgery behind you and enjoy 2020 without the nagging hip pain. I hope your daughter's wedding is beautiful and you have a wonderful time creating memories with loved ones and friends.
Have a great weekend!
@tessa

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker