TKR Tennisboii's Recovery Thread

I don’t have much advice.., just here to commiserate! The amount of Bravo tv I have watched in the last 3 weeks should be criminal!

I don’t think there’s anything that can be done about that itchy feeling for now- you just have to leave it alone in the early days. I am doing outpatient PT and my therapist massages the area around the incision with cocoa butter and it feels so good!

You can put lotion on the areas around your incision. Just not on the incision directly. The numbness will just take time to resolve itself. Time can mean months, so don't be surprised if it takes that long.

Is there some reason other than your knee that's keeping you from working? It shouldn't hold you back that long. Most people can return to work in some form (reduced hours or lighter work) by at least week 12 in recovery.

I’m an Uber/Lyft driver/full time student at UCF, unemployment is paying me more not to work, so until dec 21 I’ll just rehab and work on 4 of my last 8 classes, that’s when my benefits run out.

Okay....just wanted to be sure that someone hadn't given you the idea you couldn't work because of your knee.

T, I had my left TKR May 14, so I literally can feel your pain- I'm jealous that your Dr. gave you 10 mg Oxycodones- They took the 5 mg away from me on day 14 , then it was hard to get a refill, I finally text the Dr. sat night at home and he wrote a script for Tylenol #3 with codeine-ugh, its worthless- I was doing so well, even on the 5mg with Tylenol, now its hard to exercise and my knee is swelling up now- I told my Dr. that I am unhappy with his pain management team and they make you feel like a junkie asking for a refill -I had my staples out Friday-do you have steri-strips? Just lightly rub around the incision-it makes it feel better for some reason.

@Peaches0000 .... if you haven't discussed your pain issues with your GP, you might try that. Sometimes they are able to write prescriptions that surgeons won't to help in the early weeks of recovery. You might try Tramadol if they are hesitant to prescribe Oxycodone.

I am using Tramadol as well with Tizanidine, mainly at bedtime now. I am 12 weeks post op and during the day Tylenol or Ibuprofen is all I need. I am FINALLY sleeping through the night.

Anyone able to tell me how long they experienced the numbness, hot areas, and sore spots around the replacement site

It can be for months, @Tennisboii. It's nothing to be worried about.....all very normal for recovery.

I still have numbness and sore spots. Of course, I've 5 previous surgeries on it.

Yep me too. This was six on the right right and 3 on the left. Replacement for left is sept 8

The sixth for my right one, too. The left is hanging in there and not too bad. I've had 5 surgeries on that one and sure don't want to have another one.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom