THR Teacher having anterior hip replacement

I went back to teaching 6 and a half weeks after posterior Left Hip. I drove at two weeks. I was going to ease into back to work but after the first week I just started to work everyday. Yes I am 65 and was tired during the first few weeks. I am now 14 weeks PO and still get tired by the end of the week. Me a longtime 100 mile per week runner. 50+ years of running. Now a walker:))) Walked 10 miles on Saturday and now averaging 5+ a day at about 16 to 17 min a mile. Used a walker for about 10 days a cane another couple of weeks then was leaving the cane inplaces so not needed at about 6 weeks. Sitting the first month at a table to eat? Uncomfortable. But I had an incision in the back. Felt like a hard golfball. But it gets sooooo much better. The hip is GENIUS!!! No pain, range of motion still takes time. My Surgeon has said it takes up to a year to be healed. My next appointment to see him is in December. Almost 1 year from my December 21,2021 replacement. Sending good vibes for your day!!

Allen

:hi:Wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow.
Byebye hip pain:loveshwr:

We’ll be thinking of you tomorrow and watching for your first update on the healing side once you’re resting comfortably and feel like posting.
All the best to you!
@ICWAC

Thanks everyone! I’m home now and it’s been about 72 hrs. I haven’t had to take any narcotics. Pain is manageable with Tylenol and celebrex. Trying to do csomw exercises, but my muscles won’t cooperate, specifically the inner thigh muscles. Looking forward to getting stronger every day.

Hello @ICWAC
Wonderful news that you’re home and doing well! Thanks for updating.

I hope you’ll join us on the healing side via the Hip Recovery Forum. Please share your next update there and we’ll leave the BoneSmart Recovery Guidelines for you. You’ll find the same great support over there. Hope to see you there soon! :wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member