Knee Infection* Tattoos

How exciting, a new knee and a new house! Life is really looking up for you and your family.

Made it back to Washington. Hopefully getting the last of my staples out today. 5 of 16 were left in because it wasn't quite healed enough. Excited for this.

On a side note, I went into a federal building in Des Moines and was very disappointed because my bionic knee didn't set off the detector. The security guys got a kick out of it and wanted me for fun, the wand detected it, so I was happier with that.

So far, we have tried to stick several magnets to it, none have worked unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Matt, you're so funny! Hope you had fun being wanded. And, seriously? You're trying to stick magnets on your knee? :rofsign:

Funny ,
I told the people at airport, when flying tsa prescreened, and they put you thru the xray machine, it shows up as a square on knee area, they always check my pants/ pocket above the knee to be certain..
Have fun screening!

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

I am beginning to think that this knee replacement is bad luck. While taking the garbage out today, a piece of broken glass tore through and sliced open my ankle on the other leg. Another trip to the ER and another dose of keflex. This is in addition to the shallow laceration I got from a cabinet screw and the burn I got from a hot drill bit.

I am falling apart!
upload_2017-8-3_22-56-11.png

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, I am very accident prone. If it can happen to me, it will.

Yikes! Now I know my husband always wraps glass shards in paper towels and duct tape. Hope your wound heals quickly and without complications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I had a lateral PKR May 30th and a clean out due to infection and joint suture problems. All is going well minus a quick trip to the ER for some sutures on my other ankle due to a mishap with some broken glass.

All of that being said, what is the timeframe others have waited after their replacements to get some skin artwork done? I am guessing a timeline of about a year, but what are other experiences?

I know that many on here may not necessarily approve of ink, but it really is addictive. I have almost as many tattoos as knee surgeries at this point.

Thanks for the advice!

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Welcome, I have no idea but thought I would welcome you to the group! Looks like you are in a different time zone but I'm having another one of those sleepless nights so I'm awake reading.

I know they don't want you to see a dentist for three months and many want you to pre medicate even though not all agree it's necessary. I know my OS told me this week that he wants me to wait for 3 months to have my braces taken off!! That seems extreme to me. I don't have any tattoos because I'm afraid of what it would look like as I age! I'm sure someone has an answer or ask your OS. Again, welcome.:welome:

Hi beticu,

Thanks! That does seem a bit extreme to wait to have braces taken off. I was told no trips to the dentist for 6 months and the prophylactic antibiotics for 18 months after that. Of course after the two years, it's up to the discretion of the dentist. My clock restarted on July 7th when I had to back under the knife following infection and some internal sutures rupturing.

I understand the concern for tattoos, but I really do love them. We got my mom her first for her 60th and now she is asking for more!

@ridgw003 ,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom