Tattoo question--need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkuznets

senior
Country
United States United States
Hi, everyone,
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo....on one of my toes. (not a big risk-taker, I guess). Anyway, I'm wondering if the needles or the ink or any part of that process will pose a risk of infection or anything at all to my 6 month old, fabulously-healing hip? My incision and just everything about my hip is as close to perfect as possible, so if anyone knows whether a toe-ring tattoo would be risky, would you all let me know?
Thanks to all my hipster pals,
Patrikya

Patrikya, I don't recall that question every being asked before, so I'm going to tag Josephine and see what she has to say. @Josephine:

Interesting question! I can't see any reason why not so long as you go to a good tattooist who uses properly sterilized equipment. Wouldn't then be any different to having minor surgery. However, if it were me (and it would never be me!) I'd leave it till the year gone.

perhaps call your doctor and double check? They may want to approach with antibiotics just as they have all of us take antibiotics before going to the dentist...

I would do the same than when you go to the dentist and just take some antibiotics just in case. But check with your Dr to be sure.
I was thinking of getting a tattoo to cover my scar about a year from now so let us know what you find out and how it turns out.

My MD requires me to take antibiotics every time I got to the Dentist, even if its to get my teeth cleaned. You might ask if such a precaution is necessary...

And thanks for asking, I'm also considering my first Tat! :D

Well don't throw that out there and then leave us hanging Bill...............! Can you reveal where you are thinking of getting it done?? And I don't mean which tattoo parlour! :hehe:

Well don't throw that out there and then leave us hanging Bill...............! Can you reveal where you are thinking of getting it done?? And I don't mean which tattoo parlour! :hehe:

Don't worry my dear; if I go through with it (which is very doubtful), I will definitely post some pictures.

Geez, she's seen my scar now she just can't get enough... :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Of course - it rather depends where you're planning to have that tat, Bill! :blush:

OMG, Bill! Could you possibly be considering a "Tramp Stamp?" NAH--surely not! :evil:

:shk: I'm too innocent to be hearing all this! :wink:

"Tramp Stamp..."

Now you're making me blush... ROLFLMAO

:blush::blush::blush:

good day to you all

I have a couple of tattoos. they are memorials to my parents. both are on my upper arm.

right before they put me out for the surgery - this same question came to mind. so -- I asked them to wait a minute and asked my OS if I could still get tattoos --.

next day when he came to see me he asked if I remembered what we talked about before the surgery. I didn't. He laughed and reminded me I wanted to know about "getting more ink". He said it is fine. He also said most people's last question is something like "are you sure I will be OK". getting a tattoo is usually the last thing on most people's minds while in the OR. I guess everybody in the OR got a good laugh out of it.

I would ask the OS and the tattoo artist. a good artist will not touch you if they think there could be a problem.

good luck. :D

That is too, too funny, MCB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties