Tattoo! Before or after surgery??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzshai21

I'm scheduled to have surgery sometime in early June and i'm slowly getting things organized but there was just one thing i really wanted to get done before i go under the knife and that was to get my third and last tattoo!

Should i get it before or after?? Stupid question i know but i just wanted some opinions on this! Thanks once more! :snork:

:skeptical: Shall I be honest?

Never mind - if you really must, get it done soon as possible and leave yourself plenty of time to heal.

I would wait until you are released from everything medical. No sense in chancing an infection just before surgery.

:skeptical: Shall I be honest?

Never mind - if you really must, get it done soon as possible and leave yourself plenty of time to heal.

Yes! Please be honest with me!! let me know what you were originally going to say! Thanks

Knowing Mother Hen, she probably was thinking you shouldn't get the tatoo at all....:th_heehee:.

If you must, I'd agree with Jo. By letting it heal COMPLETELY prior to your surgery, you should not have a problem with infection. Should you happen to get an infection, though, you may have to delay your hip replacement until there is absolutely no sign of it. Are you certain it's worth that risk to get that last tatoo???

Knowing Mother Hen, she probably was thinking you shouldn't get the tatoo at all....:th_heehee:.

If you must, I'd agree with Jo. By letting it heal COMPLETELY prior to your surgery, you should not have a problem with infection. Should you happen to get an infection, though, you may have to delay your hip replacement until there is absolutely no sign of it. Are you certain it's worth that risk to get that last tatoo???

Oh ok! i totally hear you both!! thank you! :yes 4::blush:

Hey Mzshai....

I'm sorry I have to share this I'm laughing after reading this thread hehehe, I have a tattoo and don't regret, just also know now I would not have it done....ohhhh funny...old age is kicking in for me now! It does seem to make more sense to jump in now and get it done then heal and not worry! You might check with your OS I'm just adding I remember little quirky things like I could not be a blood donor for a few years after getting a tattoo...just saying!

Take a picture and post once you get it done :)

xxooxx

Jee Willikers

I never thought about it but I want to get a tattoo to show off my scar. I guess that an antibiotic may need to be considered?

Too many things to think about and too many too's in one posting.

Oh....you wild and craaaazy gals!!! :th_heehee:

If the tatooist is a good one and sterilizes their equipment for each patient, it should be safe. But you should discuss it with your surgeon first and see what he wants you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back