THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Pumpkin, I will as you know its the waiting that is ruff. Once the ball is rolling you know all will be well. I hope it doesn't interfear with me wanting to move to a better apartment with more light. We will see. I will be seeing my daughter next month so I will go to boot training. Her house is a three story house with stairs everywhere. I feel like visiting the fire stations and getting one of their poles so at least I could go down easy. Oh well it is what it is. How are you feeling. I think all the fires are out. I was getting so depressed over it I just stoped watching or reading the news. Now floods in Colorado where I grew up. I don't think people realize how isolated it is. Winter is going to be there very soon and with the roads out its really going to be a ruff winter. Everyone do take care and do look out for your neighbor. Do have fun this weekend. Take care. Tashia

Went to a sewing class that was all day long. Boy what a long day. My hips did ok but not great. On the way home my right hip really hurt. I would like to ask a question. When you hip hurts does the upper part of the leg hurt worse than the hip. I have notice that since it was done not the hip hurt but the thigh on top can get really painful. Does anyone else have this? If so how do you take care of it while it really hurting? After resting it stops. I wonder if during the surgrey the top muscle was hurt and if so it will take a longer time for a muscle to heal than the rest of the surgrey. It also gets very tight. Now this is just when I overdue it. Thank goodness it is very seldom hurts but when it does it sure gets my attention. We are expending some rain this weekend. I will be so glad when it rain. We need it so badly. Everyone do take care with the changing of the seasons and do remember that we have control over our attudues and we are so important. Take care, Tashia

Hi tashia I was thinking of you earlier today when I had an email telling me about a series of talks that our local sewing shop is putting on. One speaker is bringing 30 quilts to display! I will have to try and get there to see them.
I have bought a lace dress for our big dinner, will have to get photos done!
You are in my thoughts and prayers! Anne

Nannyannie, That is so cool. Wish I could hop on a plane and come and see you so we could go see the quilts. I am so glad that you are doing so good. We are getting RAIN. I know this is yelling but we need this so bad. It will help the fires in our area so much. We also are having some wing which we could do without but you got to take the good and the bad. With the weather change I am a little sore. Yesterday with the storm moving in, Ow. But today is good. I have spent it mosly taking a easy. There is some sewing in my area and I might go and drop in. We will see. I love the rain but the wind I could do without. I believe up in the mountain we are having some snow also. I believe our Fall has started. Thank goodness it was such a long summer with no rain to speak off in the Spring. Now ists time to get the warmer cloths out and this is the time I love sewing with the music on and not paying much attention to whats going on in the world. Holloween is around the corner so I need to get out the decorations for that season. Knees are a little tired but not bad. Take care and do enjoy your event. Tashia

Tasha, the pain you're describing on the top of the thigh sounds suspiciously like bursitis to me. If it is....rest, ice, maybe some anti-inflammatories, should calm it down. I do find that my bursitis does better if I move more and sit less, as long as I don't overdo. Short frequent walks help me most. Your long day sitting at a sewing machine may be the problem....getting up and walking around for a minute or two every half hour or so would help prevent it.

But whatever it is, as long as it happens infrequently and doesn't stick around, I think you're okay.

Trochanteric bursitis with THR

Sharon

sharonship, it may be it. I also am tendeites so I am always trying to find balacne. Thank you.

Today was a wonderful day. I got a message and it felt sso good. Then I came home and took a wonderful nap and woke up feeling even better. All the work is done on the driveway so now I can park my car where it belongs. The weather is changing and feeling so wonderful. I love the chill in the air. Started putting up Fall decorations. Tomorrow I want to go for a ride and see if the plants are changing in the hills. I am tired tonight but now sore that sure is great. I do find that just before a storm moves in I am sore. Did lot of walking today with the fact I had to park my car a good distance form my apartment. I hope that everyone is ok and that if you are sore please remember that ice is your friend and so is resting. Take care, Tashia

Glad you had such a good day, Tashia. I think you are doing so well. Your posts always make me smile.

Tashia,
You're doing really well. Thank you for telling us how you're feeling. You need to give yourself more time. Please, be patient. It's a lesson all hippies have to learn. The clocks haven't changed yet, so enjoy the fall colors and ask someone to wheel you outside to the sun for a few minutes during the day. It's comforting and once you do it once, you will want to do it next day. Do you have a special cookies, candies or cake you like? If you don't have them, I recommend ask a close friend to get you some or send it by mail. When I was in the hospital and then a nursing home, I told people not to send me flowers by cards and I put them on the wall. It was fun to look at them every day. You need to think what makes you happy from the world outside and bring a little bit of it into your room.

We're thinking of you. We have been on your shoes. Cheer up that we still haven't changed the clocks and today you're in much better shape than a week ago.

Cheers,
Luz

Jamie, its so good that you drop by. I miss having some coffee and talk about recovery. I will be taking a trip soon and will be able to see if indeed I can travel again without too much trouble. I know that my recovery has been longer than I expected but I also know I had lots of surgies. At least now I can drive which I love to do. When I came here I didn't know you and so many others. Now this is my home and I love coming here. Here I feel so welcome and enjoy all the company. I know that this is a difficult time in our lives and that there are some that have a harder time than me. i feel so lucky that I had a excellent doctor and was able to have all the surgies to put me back together by the help of your and many others. With the season changing I hope that you have a safe time in the change. Take care my friend. Tashia

Hiya tashia honey.... Guess what... I have my first Spring Freesia flower bud. It is a few days before it opens, but finally the promise of Spring.. Love ya xxx

That is so cool. Then to know that you now have a new season upon you to bring you health and more recovery to become even a better friend. Take care my friend and do enjoy the beauty of Spring. Love Tashia

Today was a wonderful day with the wonderful weather and a ride out in the country. Went to a place that I have never been today and the scency was unbieable. I plan to return when the leaves are turned. Even when the snow falls I will try to make the trip. Got to have a wonderful lunch. Found that I am doing great in recover. Soon I hope to be able to include my knees. I started this journey in 2006 so it has been a long time but so worth it. Yesterday I took only two doses of medication because of sleep. I wroke up not to bad. Stiff but not in pain. This really made me feel good and very hopeful that some day I will be off the medication and back to a more normal life than I have had for over 6 years. I got to do some decorating for Hollween. So Fall is here. I still have to get the flowers. To see panties will be so cool. Everyone do take care and do remember Go Slow! I know this is very differcult but it does pay off is so many ways. Take care. Tashia

Tashia,
WOW, great to hear you are getting out more, going to lunch, and you do not have to take so much medications.:yay:
It does feel so good, walked along the river today, first time in 3 years.
Recovery is slow but sure,
PS you spelled pansies in a very interesting way, but we know what you meant.:heehee:

I got my flowers today and the patio looks so neat. I am having problems with my computer. It keeps dropping what I am writing in all my posting so I don't think its you. I am very tired tonight because I went without my nap and I am very tired. I don't feel the best tonight so I think its telling me I still need to be careful with taking my medications. Everyone do take care and make sure that you take care of yourself because you are very important. Tashia

Well I never have been a good speller, i guess that is the way its going to be. My poor spelling teachers must be turning in their graves, every time I make a mistake. Poor things. My hip is doing great and only time it hurts a little is when I have driven over a hour. It is getting better and stronger. I don't even think about it until it tells me I have driven enough. This was so worth it and so much easier than getting knees at least it was for me. Everyone do take care of yourselves and know that it takes time to recover. Go Slow! Tashia

My hip is doing great. It is in recovery and loving it all the time. There are times it is sore but when it is its trying out something that its never done before. It now over two years old and getting better every day. I don't even think of it most of the time. We are one. That is the way it should be. Take care and do go slow. Great to be Alive. Tashia

I spend the day sleeping a lot. My hip is feeling so good I realize that I don't think about it unless it tells me that I have been driving too much or bending over too much. Isn't that great. I looked at the quilting I need to do and its quite a lot. Need to get the backs done so I can start thinking on how they will be quilted. Since I quilt them myself I need to be able to stand for some to get them done. Its so good to be in this place. Everyone do take care and make sure you listen to your hip or knee. Tashia

Hi tashia Its wonderful news that your hip is feeling so good and you have reached the stage where you have periods when you don't even think about it/them.You must be delighted and you are so right with your advice on listening to our hips as each recovery is individual .Happy quilting.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back