THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

tashia I had too much to catch up on! I love your sewing chair-- I'll bet you spend half your time playing bumper cars with it:heehee:
I'm so glad your tests came back "good"! But the depression, that is not a good thing. As Poppet says, give in to it for a bit, rest your spirit, and perhaps the returning fall weather will perk up your system-- it often does that for me :)

When you get in your car, do you sit first then bring your legs in? if you have a fabric seat maybe a plastic bag on the seat will make things easier so you don't have to twist. Don't you just hate those tight parking spaces, grr. Also, they don't make modern sedans easy to get into-- you really need a minivan or SUV for that. I can't get into my husband's car easily yet, it's too low (and not even a sport model at all!)

Ooooh stay away from those BIG dogs LOL. You will find your lovely dog, you're right :)

Thinking of you. Belated happy birthday wishes to you. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and I admire you for all of your strength. We have been tested and naps are a method of pain relief. The car will wait for you and when you are ready to take it out it will be happy to take you for a nice ride. I lift my leg up with my arms to get into my car now. I was tired of twisting in my seat.

Thank you BarbieJ and zauberflöte for coming to my site. I had a van before this and really loved it now the car I have is low. I haven't been able to drive it much so I haven't work the bugs out yet. I use to put one leg in first and it worked but not to well with the low car. I will have to work it out. As for a dog, it will come when I am ready. I would love to get out of town but something always comes up. I am not a stay at home person and ths is why it is so hard for me. I like being around people and doing things. I get tired so easy and I thought that it would go away but it is still here. Not real bad but does stop me doing lots of things. Take care and do remember to listen to your body. Take care. Tashia

My hip is feeling better but still haven't a appointment with the doctor. Getting frustrating with it because it is so hard to see him. Most of the time its his assistances. They are not doctors and it would be more at ease if I saw him instead of someone else. So do I ask to see someone else or do I keep waiting for a appointment for someone who is very diffucult to see. I do know this, this isn't helping my depression. Everyone take care and do make sure you put you on top of the list for taking care of. Tashia

tashia I would say, first go see the person who's easiest to see, but at the same time make sure you have an appointment with the head honcho OS. For myself, I have not minded seeing the physician's butt't, because I know he assisted with my hip in the OR, and I've had nothing but good experiences with PA's everywhere-- my primary care, my cardiologist, and now the OS.

I'm betting that if you saw the PA, and s/he saw a problem, that you'd get in to see the OS very soon!

Take care, Tashia, I do enjoy hanging out with you! :)

I have been so lucky with all the surgies with this doctor but seeing him takes a long time and I find that it takes a long time for him to operate. He is good so I feel its worth the wait but to get started can take months. I just want to make sure if the hip needs a shot, that it gets one so I can get out of this depression and back to doing something. It is a very hot day and I have spent it sleeping. I need a small outing. I need to just go somewhere over night. Change of pace. Everyone do take care and do remember to take care of yourselves. Tashia

tashia, honey, have you discussed the possible effect of the narcotics you are taking are exacerbating the depression.. Maybe discuss this with your GP. You need them, but perhaps he can change them to prevent the depression xx

Tonight I am feeling a little better. I guess I needed all the sleep. That was a little scary to need that much. But tomorrow is another day and things will be different. Everyone do take care and please stay safe. Tashia

Today is a good day. Had a message and then wonderful nap. The hips were very tender when being massage. Now we will see what tomorrow how they feel. I will call again and hope I get a appointment. Everyone please take care and be careful with all the fires, floods and all the other stuff Mother Nature is thowing at us. Stay safe. Tashia

zauberflöte, the messages I get are a mixed of different types. Deep pressure and and some other. I have them for years. My body really loves it. Now I hope we all have a good week. Tashia

Hi Tashia, I am seeing my OS next week too. I felt great on antibiotics. Almost pain free. I have been off of all antibiotics for 30 days now and all of my pain especially my hip is returning. Uh oh. I have had so many scans and X-rays and blood tests and all have been normal, but I have also been on car loads of antibiotics. Jo once said that it could take four months off of antibiotics. I think about you a lot and hope you are continuing to improve every day.

BarbieJ, I am so glad you visited my site. I was wondering how you were doing. One month down, that is so great. I know its hard right now but you are going to make it. No dought there are times espeically when you are hurting that it is very scary but remember you are going to make it. Sometimes things happen that are not fair but when its over you feel so much stronger and know that you are a very strong person. Keep up the good fight. With the pain returning, do you have pain pills so it can be keep at bay. I am doing pretty good. I have days that I want to drive and go on a trip which I still can't, I have a good cry and then move on. One day I will be able to go on a trip so I am waiting to find that wonderful place. I am thinking of going to Hawaii, which is my place for healing. I do have a trip coming up to see my daughter in the Fall. Also next summer I am hoping to go back and see some relatives. We will see how the trip to my daughter goes. I am also looking for a dog. Which reminds me how is your little gal doing? Give her a hug from me. Please keep me informed on how you are doing. Take care my friend, Tashia.

I have dreamed of visiting Hawaii. Thought I would be back to traveling 6 months after my surgery. It is 21 months and it is impossible for me. Cubbie has been going to a veterinary ophthalmologist for redness in his eyes and matter. His tear ducts were blocked and he went through a procedure to open them up. He was on antibiotics but is off now and not completely improved yet. He is almost 8 years old and definitely slowing down. He is still my sweetheart though.
Last night I went out to dinner. I ordered seafood and it was so painful for me to chew. Meats like steak are impossible. All I can eat are soft foods, eggs, soup etc.
It's just terrible. My Atypical odontalgia diagnosis is a chronic condition similar to trigeminal nerve. What else can go wrong?

BarbieJ, Keep your dream, It so worth it. I know what you mean to fight for each day but remember to do a day at a time. I have found that you can live with chronic pain. It not what I wanted in life but it is what it is. I have found a combination of pain medicane works great so I can go thru the day without pain and be able to do things. I dream for the day I can travel but I have found that I have gotten some fear. Deep down I am so afraid of being in pain again so I must tell myself its ok and keep moving forward. I have TMJ and when it gets flared I must cope with it until it calm down. Life is like a puzzle. You struggle to find the answer, then one day it falls into place. We will get to the finish line. Just keep looking forward. Take care my friend. Tashia

I have good news my hips are improving I guess they just needed to get use to the new movement. So glad I did this. Everyone take care with the fires. Tashia

:yay: Glad to hear your hips are improving! Enjoy today :SUNsmile:.
Smoke cleared for about an hour yesterday, but it is back in full force. They are saying the Rim Fire may not be completely out until the winter snows. Just hope they can get it under control soon.

Be careful you can get sick with all the smoke. That is a long time to live with smoke. I am glad that I am not coming up with sewing, I don't need the smoke. Please be careful. Tashia

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads