THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

Re: New hip 13 September - feeling sad

I will try to do this but since I'm not good with computer please be patience with me. I had a right complete knee replacement in March 2010, then a complete hip replacement right side, September 13, 2011. :yahoo:

Tashia, what ever do you mean? You've made 30 posts already and you're doing fine PC-wise! :wink1:

Tonight we are having a very cold night with no snow. My joints are reminding me that frost is here. I hope that everyone has a very safe Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :doggieshmooze::yay:

Tashia, my regards to California (I was born there).

I hear what you say about the weather and its impact on your pain. We have wet but not so cold weather here to day and I ached like crazy! Guess we all need to move to warmer climates! :wink1:

Have a wonderful Holiday!

Thank you for telling me about the New Year Party, To be honest I fell into a slump. After selling the house and all the pressure it was time to let go of a lot of things. This Christmas was a really ruff one because my family wasn't able to come and ended up spending it by myself. Some holidays are good and some are not. I really missed my deceased husband and two of our children that are no longer on Earth as I know it. Letting go of the house brought back some of the memories up as life brings. Today I trying to get a better apartment, one with lots of light. Even though it was ruff I still have to very greatfull for recovering from the knee and hip replacements and being Cancer clean. Everything happening so fast I need to remind myself to take a easy because i still have some pain in my right hip and still have to take some pills especially at night in order to sleep. I am so greatfull for hearing from you all. Happy New Year!:yes 4:

Hi Tashia

We are here for you any time honey :)

I will chat to you soon :) lots of love Sandy

tashia, you always have your family here at BoneSmart. That's part of what makes this site special. People here really do care.

Hope you can join us on New Years!

It has been since sept. and I still need pain pills. I'm moving in the right direction because its every 8 to 10 hours between pills. I'm going to see if I can get a doctor visit because I think i hurt my hip and my knee or am I just being silly. If I go off for 12 or more hours without them I hurt so bad I get sick to my stomach. :hissyfit: Thats not good. :cry: September 13 to December 13 is three months. I do know we all heal at different rate but I do want to drive again without waiting for the medicane to wear off because I will not drive while its in my system. I really miss the social life because I end up staying home and get bored. :cry::hairpulling: I know I have done a lot but I want to start sewing and go driving which I love to do. :yes 4:

Hi Tashia,

Please be gentle with yourself. You will get there, it really takes a lot of time and patience. It took me a good 7 months before I started to feel really well and normal again after my first hip replacement. This time it is taking even longer and I do get discouraged, but I let myself cry, call a friend and then have to constantly remind myself that this is a long, slow recovery but is so worth it in the end. Sorry you had to spend Christmas alone, sometimes the holidays aren't all they are cracked up to be. I just like regular days the best.
Hang in there and if you need the pain meds, take them, a day will come when you won't need them.

I know it's not what you want to hear but 3 months is still early. Yes, some are out and about by 3 months. Others take longer.

You will get there! Why don't you talk to your GP about changing your medication to something that allows you to drive?

Hi Tashia,

I so admire your courage! :doggieshmooze:

I've lived in my house since 1989 and just the thought of moving makes me feel sick to my stomach! To take on so much in life is courageous and you're an inspiration to me! :yay:

Holidays can be so tough for those of us without family or social circles. Please know we're always here for you - always! :friends:

Tashia - I know what you mean about wanting to get out of the house and be able to drive again!!!! I'm getting major cabin fever here and it's only been 3 weeks since my surgery. While I'm not needing much of the narcotic medication what I do take (at night) still makes me feel a bit spacey and air-headed during the day. I sure hope your doctor can help you more with the pain you're having - although I am not a medical person it seems excessive after 3 months for you still to have such significant amount of pain.

I echo what Jacey says Tashia it can be so annoying when you read that people are going back to work or back driving and so on, but some people do take longer to heal than others.
Should you not be going for your twelve week check up that is the usual procedure in blighty but I am unsure how it works in the USA.
At least you could get some feed back from your OS or a doctor to give you some feed back.

Billy

I have been trying to get appointment with the doctor who did the surgry but he is very hard to see. I end up seeing his helper and not with success. I do know what is not helping me is I need another hip and knee replacements and I'm sure the added pain is not helping. As I posted on the knee site my knees have rally gotten sore and need to be checked. I keep forgetting that I had hand surgry just six week before my complete hip replacement and I really didn't give my body time to heal before the big one. Life does go on and need to go with it. Now that I have had my :tantrum2: I will get doing what I must. Happy New Year.

(((hugs))) for you Tashia,

we all need a good cry every now and then.

:grouphug2:

Hi Tashia honey, don't forget to join in the New Years Eve party :)

I will drop you a line before the new year, love, Sandy

Started the day with a good :cry: Got woke up during the night with terrible pain in my knees. My hip is much better and getting better but its my knees that are really a pain. Has anyone had this problem? I try to be positive but still dealing with pain is really wearing me down. :hairpulling:

Chronic pain is something no one should live with.

(((hugs)))

Have you thought about finding a new OS that is actually available to see you and will do as much as you need at one time?

I know how scary more surgery is but if you can look toward a pain-free day 6-12 months from now by getting things done now, perhaps that's the way to go?

Hang in there Tashia, you have your cry and chat with us, we all understand :thumb:
Lol

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom