THR Tampa doctor needed

CoastalGirl

Country
United States United States
I’m an above knee amputee who needs a good Ortho surgeon in Tampa or Clearwater area. I need a THR using anterior approach if possible. I’m having a nightmare of a time with doctors.
I was told yesterday that irrespective of the THR, I would never walk with a prosthetic leg because 65yo adults just are too old to use it due to muscle weakness. Obviously I think this Ortho surgeon is an idiot!

he also told me that my AVN is no reason to have a THR and that I just need to learn to live with the pain.
If anyone knows a good Ortho surgeon in my area please contact me.
Thanks everyone!!

I was told yesterday that irrespective of the THR, I would never walk with a prosthetic leg because 65yo adults just are too old to use it due to muscle weakness.
:holysheep: Seriously???
Obviously I think this Ortho surgeon is an idiot!
I agree!!!!
he also told me that my AVN is no reason to have a THR and that I just need to learn to live with the pain.
:nah:

Will tag @Jamie so she can surely help you find some prospective surgeons.

I'm sorry you found the biggest jerk in your area...

I don't have any surgeons to recommend in Tampa or Clearwater. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I am not aware of any names. If you have someone you're considering and would like me to do a little checking, just post the name(s) and I'll be happy to take a look. Be sure and tag me when you have a post I need to see right away. To do that, you type the "at" sign (@) followed immediately by my username with no space.... like this ..... @Jamie

I do have an excellent surgeon in Orlando, if you would be willing to drive there.

Orlando, Florida

Dr. George Haidukewych, MD

Orlando Health
1222 S. Orange AVE
5th Floor, MP 43
Orlando, FL 32806
Phone: (407) 649-6878

@CoastalGirl , I am sorry for your ordeal in locating a capable surgeon.
I hope the Orlando surgeon is an option for you!

Thank you all so much! I saw a new doctor today who was great but he couldn’t help me due to the cardiovascular issues I have. Fortunately he recommended a well known surgeon in Tampa (about an hour east of us) who also works with my cardiovascular surgeon.
For any other Ortho issues in Clearwater or St Pete, I’d recommend him! I met a patient of his who had bone graft with cd and she sang his praises...Dr Brian Burke

:fingersx::fingersx: Double fingers crossed he can help you with a new hip so you can get on with getting your life back.:loveshwr: all the best mojo coming your way.

Wonderful news! Hopefully this one is the answer for you.
I suppose there will be a wait period to get on his schedule but maybe it wont be too terribly long. :praying:

Well I know I’m all over the place here, so please forgive me! Has anyone had a bursa removed? I know mine is severely inflamed and therapy and injections haven’t helped one bit. I’m being told having it removed may be an option for me. Any feedback would be awesome. Thanks

Hi @CoastalGirl. I've not had any experience with a badly inflamed bursa, but I immediately thought of one of our members who had issues, too. I will leave you a link to their thread and you will notice that @linette333 posted about her successful treatment using PRP.
I tagged linette333 so maybe, if she is still receiving email alerts, she will come to your thread and share her experience.
You will notice that our Forum Nurse Director Emeritus has also posted in this thread that I've left a link to and it seems she's not familiar with this approach and she was in this field for many many years.

I'm sorry that you are struggling so, I will try to find you some more threads to read, if I can find them.

Hi @CoastalGirl ! @CricketHip is right in saying that I had a prp injection for hip bursitis. I suffered from bursitis for about 2 years. I had countless rounds of physio, which didn't help, then a steroid injection which only lasted for 3 months. The consultant said that there was no point in having more of these injections, but that the prp injection may work. It did! It's 2 years ago now and still no pain. I was never offered a bursectomy, so I can't comment on that. I would certainly recommend the prp injection, so please ask if you want any more details. Good luck!

@CoastalGirl .... if you decide to pursue the PRP injection, please tag me and let me know. I may be able to guide you to a good doctor near Clearwater who can do this for you. It can be expensive and usually not covered by insurance, so be prepared for that. But if it will work, it certainly might be worth it. There are some doctors out there promising the moon with these treatments, so it's really important to find someone who knows what they are doing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom