TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

Tabbycat so sorry to read about your hubby, hope the antibiotics work. Tooth pain is horrible. How is your knee doing? I hope you are seeing some positive progress.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Don't give up Tabby - you are my inspiration.

When I feel down about my lack of progress on all fronts, you keep me going cos you've been plugging away at it and gradually seeing improvement and victories. x

@sistersinhim
Thank you for that encouragement, I do feel as if I'm failing somehow because I'm still in pain, but I know the healing process does take a long time. We'll hold hands and limp towards recovery together :old::old:
@LFitz
It's great to see you back on the forum, I hope you enjoyed your family reunion. Thanks for asking about my hubby, he is getting better, thanks.
My ROM is improving slowly, but I'm still having a bit of a battle to improve my extension. Exercise (like the bike) seems to make it worse, so I'm just doing daily activities trying to pace myself and not overdo. And my left knee is really suffering from the extra strain :bawl:
How are you now knee wise? For some of us it's not plain sailing, but I hope you are getting to the point where you are glad you had it done. I felt I had no choice, but can't say yet that I'm better off. I will get there one day though :praying:
@DodgyKnee
Yes, we will get there with help and support from each other, and don't forget Josephine's advice to only do things within your comfort level. I like that word comfort!

So great to read that your hubby is getting better. Family reunion was wonderful! I'm so happy to read that your ROM is improving that is great, the extension will come. Just remember slow and steady. Don't overdo it or that poor left knee will be asking for a replacement next.... :heehee:

I'm doing well, ROM is definitely starting to improve but I'm still having an issue with looseness under the kneecap and that pain on the right side. But, I am definitely glad I had it done! I don't think its quite right, and I'm working on strengthening around the knee to see if that helps. If not, I will go get a second opinion on the movement and the discomfort it causes. But my leg doesn't give out on me anymore, I can walk around my house without fear of it giving way. I couldn't do that before I had this surgery.

I'm really happy to read that you are able to go about daily activities though - that's a good thing. Even, if those activities are a little less than what you'd like to do at least you are moving forward. Keep going girl better days are ahead

@Tabbycat for your extension this is what I did sit in a chair pull up another chair of the same Hight and place you're feet on the second chair so that your legs in the middle are not on the chair just let gravity do its thing. Or lay on your bed on your tummy with your legs hanging so that you knees are on the edge of the bed do it slowly increasing the time.

LTKR 11 May 2016

Tabby, did your hubby ever get that tooth out?

@sistersinhim
He has to take the course of antibiotics first, then back to the dentist to see what's to be done. He's in less pain and the swelling is going down, thankfully. You are a sweetie for asking.

Oh, that's right. You had said that last week and I'd forgotten. You can't pull an abscessed tooth.

Greetings @Tabbycat So sorry to hear about your recent setback....as you say one step forward the other back, I sure hope things are starting to improve by now. After working out my new knee for the last 4 months... my other one said "hold on! your pushing your luck here" so long story short, my other knee now is in great need of replacement :flabber:
Hang in there Tabbycat, there are better days ahead for you, I always tell myself: good things come to those who wait! however I often remind God...please don't make me wait forever:beg:

Tabby, how are you doing today? And how is your hubby?

Hi @sistersinhim
Thanks for asking! Hubby is much better, waiting to see what the dentist says, but the swelling is right down and no toothache at the moment.
I did something 'normal' yesterday, we went to B&Q for some paint to decorate the bedroom. Knees not particularly good (either of them), and I have to walk up and down, I can't stand and wait. But I got the colour I wanted. I dread to think what hubby would have picked out. When we came home I compared the new colour to the existing paint, and guess what, it's practically the same - good job I really liked it :)
I'll be honest, I'm a bit stressed at the lack of improvement in my knee, I still don't know if my bit of exercise has caused more pain even two weeks later. I cancelled physio on Friday, I'm paying privately now, and didn't want to waste £35. I hope it settles soon.

I hope your knee gives you a break soon. You definitely deserve it. I'm sitting at my dentists waiting to get a broken tooth fixed now so I commiserate with your husband.

That's so funny about the paint at least it will freshen it up. What if you do nothing for a week but rest and Ice would that help. Hope you feel better soon x

LTKR 11 May 2016

I feel for you and your slow recovery; I'm right there with you! I so appreciate encouraging spirit! I pray for you and all here going thus this process! Hope your husband gets better soon also!

I'm so glad your husband is doing better. I pray that you will start to see some improvement really soon! It is depressing. One day up, one day down. Sometimes it is two days up, one day down, I just wish there were more of the 5 days up and one down. One day we'll all have all good days!

Tabby, I hope hubby feels better soon.

I really hope that you can seen a big improvement soon, you are always so positive and encouraging to others that you deserve to turn a corner with your knee, I know that it will happen for your. I know that you of all people know that is can be a very slow process because you have shown so much patience thru your recovery.

I wish you all of the best and pray that you get a break soon!!!

Thank you @uva55
Thinking of you lots this week, really hope you get good news.
Ps. Can't take my eyes off your photo, so glamorous!

Thank you Tabby, that was taken at my nieces wedding.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back