System kicks me out after writting a few paragraphs x2

luluohio Lulu, Firefox will work just fine on your computer. I had it on my old one with XP and it worked fine and I'm using in now with Windows 7. Both my old and my new computers were and are HPs. Just download it and get started. It's not hard and I'm no expert myself.

I too run desktop and laptop computers with XP. I use Chrome by default, Firefox, Opera and IE occasionally. I don't get browser issues with Chrome and never bother to clear cache and my machine always wor

I find most corporate sites expect you to run IE and sometimes work only with it.

FYI, Well I still am getting kicked out of the system. I changed my browser to FireFox, the version you suggested, and I was writing a long reply and everything froze an hourglass came up and I couldn't do anything. I had to reboot. So changing my browser didn't solve the problem. This is the first time it has happened since my last incident.

My guess is that the issue then is nothing to do with BoneSmart or the browser, but the OS dying. A workaround until you can fix that might be to use Word or something that autosaves your work, so that when you reboot the draft is still there. A PITA of course, but something you can do in advance of fixing the computer.

Definitely sounds OS issue.. or even ISP performance problems, if it hangs?

If it were the ISP then I'd imagine that everything else non-internet on the machine would be working fine, which is not the impression I'm getting.

Well my computer is about 7-8 years old. I was planning on getting a new one, I wouldn't doubt it's the OS. Sometimes I need to boot it up 2 or 3 times to get it to come up in normal operating mode but once it's up and running I don't usually have any problems. Thanks for your help.

I have some old laptops that were effectively 'retired'. I have found that they can be made to work much better simply by rebuilding them to their as-new condition. Everything on them is lost, of course, but if you're thinking of buying a new computer then it's a problem you have to deal with anyway.

An old machine with XP I find perfectly OK for connecting to the internet, which is now basically what I use them for. Saved a shedton of money, I guess.

Roy Gardiner
Thanks for the info. I'll look around for a place that can do that. I really like the keyboard on my old computer and I hate the thought of getting Windows 8. So the idea of just getting this one rebuilt is a great suggestion.

Any computer shop will do it for you, at modest cost, I'd guess.

Or you can do it yourself, probably. During boot it may suggest you press a PF key to get into a recovery dialogue, which may offer you the option of resetting to factory, as-new configuration. One of mine did, I took the chance and it worked OK.

I am lucky, though, I use a normal desktop machine routinely, the laptop is an 'extra' and I didn't care if I messed it up. It was already useless.

it sounds as if one of your ram chips could be burned out.

I have encountered 3 pcs where that was the case.

it maybe cheaper to purchase a new laptop

as at that age things do start wearing out

windows 7 is a very nice OS

windows 8 I suggest avoiding

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks