Lounge Doctor
ConforMIS

System kicks me out after writting a few paragraphs x2

luluohio

Country
United States United States
I began writing a message and a dialoge box appears saying something like "do really want to exit this page?" Press continue or cancel then I can't press either one and I have to reboot my computer to correct the problem. This has happen at least twice. I lost all my data and need to start over again.

beesquare

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've just been logged out too lulu - thought it was something I'd done but for the life of me couldn't think what!!!!!

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
Hmmm :skep: ! Sometimes the site will log you off if there has been a period of what it sees as inactivity. Have you checked the box next to the login button that says "Stay logged in"? I'll tag our techie guru to make sure there is nothing weird going on. Gremlins? RichardRobins

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
It'll be a browser issue. Try clearing your cache and trying again

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
Josephine I did originally check the box but it might not have check those particular times. There were no times of inactivity, I was actively typing. When I first logged in I checked the box but even if the box is checked it seems to make me log in again each time, it is an intermittent problem but more often than not. It makes me log in again every time when I need to reboot, when the system hangs.

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
Yes I get similar problems sometimes - computers, eh? :doh:

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
RichardRobins
I do this regularly, like almost everytime I'm on the internet, just as maintainance.

R

RichardRobins

Just checking, you never do that while logged into bonesmart do you? :)

as it would log you out :)

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
I was just writting to you trying to tell you how it happened, I am just typing and a message appears asking if I really want to navigate away from this page. It happened just while I was writting this message, I haven't seen it for a few days. This time it did let me select OK or Cancel to stay on the page.(before it didn't let me make the selection) it just locked up and I couldn't do anything. It did kick me out to a previous thread I was viewing though and didn't keep me on this page, it didn't log me out either.

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
No, great picture! I meant to tell you that! I laugh everytime I look at it. Funny!

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
RichardRobins OK I have very little computer knowledge. I've only used Explorer as my browser. Will I get any viruses or anything if I download this? Why do you recommend this browser? Is it better? If it is, how is it better? Thanks

R

RichardRobins

ah that could be the reason, older versions of internet explorer are full of errors that suddenly develope

and as for the browsers i suggested, they are both safer and more secure than explorer so if anything you will be alot less likely to ever get any viruses :)

i personally stopped using exploror for anything other than bug testing in 2006!

OP
OP
L

luluohio

Country
Thanks for the info. So I guess I can just switch over to Foxfire for everything and not use my Explorer browser. Do I need to do anything special, I have an older HP AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34 1.58GHZ, 1.25GB or Ram Windows XP Media Edition Version 2002 Service pack 3 . If that means anything to you.
I am thinking of getting a new computer I've had this one for at least 6-7 years. I like the keyboard and screen on it better than the newer laptops. I actually bought a few new HP's and returned both of them because I hate the keyboard, it's cheap and has no tactile feedback, all the keys are flat. I like 17in screens and use it as my main computer, ofcourse I only do limited applications, I e-mail, shop, and that's about it. Could you give me a few suggestions on what computers you would recommend? I hate Windows 8, it seems like all of them have it installed to start with and I don't think you can downgrade to Windows 7. I just need some good advise.
Thanks, if you have time to offer suggestions, if not Thanks anyway for your help.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
n9uib1967
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom