swollen tummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melani

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi everyone
has anyone had a bloated swollen looking tummy after a THR? now i know i've let myself have a few extra treats this week but not enough to make me look 5 months pregnant!!! i do have I B S which flares up every now & again & causes my tummy to look like this, but wondered if the surgrey could have anything to do with it? i have medication to take when it flares up but with all the pain killers im taking at min, didn't want to take them incase it was a side effect of the surgery?
thanks
melanie x:pzld:

Hi Melanie,

The bloating could be two things. They pump you full of fluids pre and post op so it could just be excess fluids. It can take awhile for all this to stabilise. The other thing is IBS or irritated gut. Meds can cause this as well as some mighty horrid constipation. You are very early out so I imagine it could be either issue. If you are in pain from this at all I would call your OS to confirm if you can take the IBS meds.

Take care!

Melanie, I do think you should check with your doctor about the bloating. I have heard that surgery can cause conditions such as IBS to flare up....and if that is what's going on, you want to get it treated as soon as possible.

hi
my mam thought gas, i did have 5 bags of fluid between op n next day 2!
thanks for your replys,
melanie x :doh:

Mel, What was the date of your surgery? It is helpful to include it with your signature. It is very easy to do if you follow the instructions in the User Control Panel. Best!

Mel, What was the date of your surgery? It is helpful to include it with your signature. It is very easy to do if you follow the instructions in the User Control Panel. Best!
hi nanamac
thanks for your reply, ive tried for ages to put my details on signature even downloaded picture but when go back to my post none of it shows?
not very good with computers!
melanie x :sigh:

Mel, I'm VERY computer illerate but this is quite simple. Let me try and walk you thru:

1, Go to User Control Panel
2, Go to Edit Signature
3, Type your name ( you can fool around font with, size, color, or smileys)
4, Type date as you have above
5, Scroll down to "Save"

You can preview or edit before you save.
Then go to one of you posts to see if it took.

I had an awful time getting an avatar on so I won't try to explain. Jamie gave me good instructions once but I can't remember what thread they are in (Jamie?)

I can not type well and usually have to edit MOST if not All of my posts after I read them...

Good Luck. YOU CAN DO IT!:wink:

Well, in Forum Tech (up top) you'll find a title that's called How To Use The Forum. In there are lots of How To threads including How to use and avatar, how to post a signature, etc. All with natty pictures to explain. It's hardly ever used

Try again, Melanie....it sounds like you may have forgotten to do the final SAVE before exiting the screen. It's easy to do that!

hi
thanks, noticed it had worked after i posted on a thread, so must have done it right! will try for picture next!
thanks for your help all
melanie x

Great! You did it! But was your op June 8 or August 6? I think you May have transposed the numbers...Easy enough to edit though...

hi
it was 6th aug , but thats how we write the date in the uk, day first then month
:skp:
melanie x

hi janet
haha, re-written it so its clear to everyone
melanie x :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh