Swelling at 7 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceT

Once again, I must have tried to do too much. My knee is swollen from top to ankle. I have tried ice and elevation for 2 days, but there is still swelling and tenderness. Could there be another problem? Should I stay off of it till swelling goes down? Or keep exercising and walking?

What's been your regimen? I think that may be key to your problem.

Often the answer is to space the activity out into smaller portions but more of them instead of doing a 60 minute blitz.

Also, the elevation - is that with the foot above the seat? or just on a foot stool?

How is your pain score? Are you keeping the pain under control as that can contribute to the swelling as well.

Finally, once you get into an acute phase like this it can take several days to get under control. Two days isn't going to achieve much.

I probably tend to sit for too long, then get up and go for a couple of hours. It is hard for me to do things in moderation. I am either on at full speed ahead or off.

A good bit of my elevation has been with a stool, but I have also elevated a lot as shown in the picture in one of the threads shows.

I am not a patient person, and this has been a challenge for me.

Thanks for all of your responses and good advice.

Foot on a stool is a foot on a stool - that is not elevation! You need to have your foot above the level of your seat (er - bum!) or gravity cannot work in your favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks