TKR Stairs

I actually bought a recumbent stationary bike in preparation for my LTKR. It is a “step through” made by Hoist. It has been perfect so far. I highly recommend it. Still have not worked up the courage to try my road bike. I certainly do not want to have an accident in today’s world. Like you ....my right knee is also a candidate for a new one. Who knows how long I can delay that one.

Actually the trainer is a good idea. Might give me some confidence on my road bike.

Quick question..... 17 weeks post LTKR.... Walking 2 miles and riding indoor bike 30 minutes. Almost no pain. Today tried shooting pool with my brother for 30 minutes and got COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED . I am thinking it was because of a new activity and perhaps using knee differently, Surely not remotely ready for pickleball, thoughts?

You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just post what you would like it to be and we'll change it for you.

I imagine you hit the nail on the head. Your new activity was using different muscles than you were used to using and just wore you out. Pickleball is probably still out for a little while. Don't worry, you'll get there!

Thanks...... My 2 mile brisk walk or bike ride was fine..... lazy pool game zapped me. It is an interesting journey for sure....

Quick question: I am 5 weeks post LTKR...... riding stationary bike 20 minutes and normal stretching exercises ( quad sets, leg raises etc). Knee is swelling up at end of day and marking my 2 mile walk challenging. No pain to speak of. Should I discontinue my daily walk until the swelling goes away or just power thru it.. ? Thanks for your help.

5 months post LTKR..... My knee is swelling at end of day. No pain ... Should I just power thru my daily 2 walk or let my knee rest a bit?

@Flpickleballer
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.

Thank you.... good advise..... I do think I have been a bit to ambitious.... Guess I should listen to my knee....

Quick question..... After 5 months do I have too be concerned about my implant. I think we all have nightmares about the implant “ imploding”. Is the implant now secure and it’s just the soft tissue that is healing.? Played some ”light” pickleball for about an hour and survived. No pain or swelling. Assuming that is a good sign.

Assuming you have a cemented implant it has been 100% since the day of your surgery. It is your soft tissue that is still healing, and will continue healing for a year+.
With an un cemented implant you ill have to ask your surgeon how long it takes for bony ingrowth to be complete.

First road bike ride...... Easy 10 miles.. YES .. There is light at “the end of the tunnel “.....

You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just post what you would like it to be and we'll change it for you

Great ride! There is definitely a light at the end of this recovery!

Quick question.... I have read in several places that it is recommended that you do not life anything heavier then 20 lbs after TKR....Is that forever? Means I can’t take out the garbage or pick up my 2 year old great grandson.... Comments....?

@Flpickleballer Someone more qualified than me will be along to absolutely answer your question. I have never heard of a weight limit. Maybe don't start competitive power lifting. Repetitive impact type activities are bad.

You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together again as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just post what you would like it to be and we'll change it for you

I have read in several places that it is recommended that you do not life anything heavier then 20 lbs after TKR....Is that forever?
This is something you need to ask your surgeon. He knows what your knee looks like inside and what precautions you should be taking. As we have said many times, each knee is different.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts