Lounge Doctor

TKR Suzanne's Recovery

OP
OP
S

Susu123

Country
United States United States
They have given me more Tramadol- but only enough until my next appointment.
I had my husband listen to the phone call- so I could confirm that the reality is they are pushing a protocol without taking the patient into account. How I wish I could not spend time worrying about it I have enough medication. This all seeems so punitive and controlling. Patient and MD - all have the same goal- to heal and not being in pain is part of that process for some of us. . Oh Lordy- enough on this, Moving on. Hope you are managing.

OP
OP
S

Susu123

Country
Can I have my thread changed to Suzanne’s Recovery: Thank you so much I Know this is a labor of love on your part and I sure appreciate it.....

Has anyone experienced INTENSE Adductor pain? Inner Thigh muscles. What did you do about it?
Three weeks ago today my knee was replaced- and the knee is doing well- but my inner thigh muscles are really hurting... This is what is waking me up at night....
Any thoughts or ideas? Spoke with the PT today- my exercise in not very strenuous so I don’t think it is being cause by that- but I can’t get rid of it......

Mrs. Ciz

Country
Hi @Susu123

I just wanted to chime in again. At my 4 week post op appointment last week, my doctor refilled both my Tramadol and my hydrocodone. I was really surprised to get the hydrocodone but also relieved because I’m still taking it at night to sleep. But I also added Advil this week in addition to Tylenol. I was not allowed to take it before because I was on blood thinners (Xarelto) for 30 days. I think the Advil works better than either the Tramadol or the hydrocodone at this point! I have not been having inner thigh pain, my pain is behind the right knee and radiates down to my calf, around to my shin and down to my foot. My left knee/leg is fine. My therapist finally realized that it is caused by my hamstring being super tight. He gave me stretches and exercises to address the hamstring issue. Between the exercises and the Advil, it is feeling better and is so much less painful. Hopefully your therapist will figure out the source of your pain and help you correct it. In the meantime, Advil may help if you are allowed to take it.

Betsy Trotwood

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You poor luv. I swore at everyone then apologised profusely once the pain killers kicked in.

OP
OP
S

Susu123

Country
I’m so glad you got the medicine you need. I’m finding that the hardest part: since my MD had made it clear- no more Tramadol. I’m now holding back on medicating to stretch things out. Wish I could take Advil- but I can’t stomach the stuff.

I bought a on-line Tens machine and Electrical Stimulation like they use at PT. Fifty bucks and it seems to help the adductor pain. Here is hoping.

sistersinhim

Country
@Susa123, you don't have to quote a post to answer it, just scroll down to the bottom and start writing without quoting.

FYI: It is not necessary to use the "Quote This Message" to reply to a post. This feature should be used only when there is a post or several posts on another topic between your post and the post you want to respond to. To reply to a post, just scroll down and put your cursor in the dialogue box and start typing.

Use the "Quote This Message" to reply to a post only when there is a post or several posts on another topic between your post and the post you want to respond to and you need the entire post to be quoted.

You can quote a sentence or a section of a post by simply highlighting it and clicking on the "Quote Me" oblong that appears in gray at the end of the highlighted selection. This is frequently a better choice than quoting a whole post. You can use this feature in several different posts by a member if you want to respond to things in multiple posts. When you go to the dialogue box you will see "Get Quotes " and in parenthesis the number of quotes. Click on that when you want a quote inserted into your post.

OP
OP
S

Susu123

Country
Reality Check - Surgery July 20th- So about five weeks. Still dealing with swelling and pain.
Doing 15 minute of biking- 15 minute easy walking-15-20 minute of bridging.... and ADL easy going. Still icing and elevating.
The activity does not seem to be too much- but I can't bring down the swelling. Taking one -two Tramadol and Neurotin at night....Nights are tough- for sure.
Any thoughts= suggestions??? little bit discouraged.

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I know it doesn't seem like you're doing much but things are relative. You're still pretty early in your recovery. I would do either the biking OR the walking each day. Or cut several minutes off each activity.
Activity that doesn't feel too bad at the time, you often feel at night. It's like a cumulative effect.

Also it would not harm anything to take a day off from exercise now and then.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Onejointatatime
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom