Day 3: Rehab Woes
Rehab is proving less -- what is the word -- supportive than my hospital experience. They seem to be looking for problems aside from my having, oh, two sliced and diced knees. They zero in on insulin, for instance, taking my blood sugar relentlessly in hope of getting to administer it. So far no luck, but they're on top of that.
And I have yet to receive pain meds per schedule. I have to call for them and then justify getting them by claiming my pain is 8 or 9. Anything less and they give me Tylenol. I'm in more pain now than before and that was just making it through the night.
And then there's the idiot house doctor who pulled up the "never to be touched" surgical dressing, just in case of infection (no sign whatsoever). Maybe there will be now.
Oh, and my heart rate is 100, so I'm not allowed to walk to the bathroom or anywhere. I must go by wheelchair. If I'm not allowed to walk on my new knees today, I'm calling my OS.
I'm wondering what today will bring. The staff is mostly nice enough, but they frustrate me.
Sent from my iPhone