THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

Great job @Susan209! I am waiting for that week 7 miracle- just reached the 4-week mark. The key will be a day when I forget to very carefully get out of bed making sure that my operated leg is perfectly straight and my feet are at least a foot apart.
My crafty husband made me a razor extension so no more ape legs- yeah! He does not care but I do, it feels itchy and icky to have hair on my legs. My work from home has started kind of slowly this year- it will probably ramp up when I go back to the office on 1/15. Maybe my coworkers are cutting me some slack since I am still recovering.
Are you able to wear heels yet? I am holding on to my (relatively) low heeled shoes in hopes that I will wear them again. There is also a fabulous pair of knee boots that I am dying to put on again someday.
You are an inspiration, please let us know how the recovery continues.

Hey @Dive17, ah, yes, my SO didn't notice any difference to my legs either, but I sure did. Must be a female thing. :)
I had a lot of moments where I thought "oh, let's just try this" and to my surprise, I could do whatever it was. I have found this approach to work quite well. Not pushing anything at all, just trying things every now and then when it crosses my mind and feels right, and voila...
OS did allow swimming/pool exercise, so over the weekend I had a go in the pool (it was soooo hot again here). I did one length backstroke (I am rubbish at freestyle, but quite ok if I flip over - go figure) and then walked back. Did this five times. I was sore in the evening, so I dropped the swimming and just walked in the pool on Sunday. No issues at all... :swim: Will stick to walking around the pool for a bit, although I am desperate to start exercising again. I've lost too much weight... :bawl:
Work is still busy, but I'll continue to try and pop in whenever I can sneak in a few minutes.
Happy Tuesday all.

Watch out for falling bats! The story of your flying fox bats dropping dead out of the sky due to the heat made St. Louis' online news just a few days after stories of frozen iguanas falling from trees in Florida. Such weather extremes are unfortunately, taking a toll on our wildlife.

I was telling my mom today that by accident I continue to realize I can do things I couldn't initially do
post op. It's the best feeling! Nice little surprises.
You sound great! @Susan209 Keep up the good work and have a wonderful week!

Wow you are doing great! So pleased for you :) Sont overdo it now!

Yay for you...:thumb:

Gosh. After over a week finally a moment to pop into BS. Work is still crazy...
Continuing to get back to normal with small improvements on the way. Things now seem to be getting easier, like reaching my feet to put on shoes and socks, getting in and out of the tub, walking stairs, ... I have starting rolling onto my op side, and whilst it doesn't hurt, it is definitely not comfortable for more than a few minutes at a time.
The knee is still giving me grief; if anything is hurting nowadays it is generally the knee, NOT the hip. *sigh* I am desperate to start exercising again. More patience required...
Wishing you all a great Thursday

Oh, so hope the knee gets better! It's no fun to get one part replaced and be doing so well with recovery to just have another act up. It's almost like our body parts are kids! The other improvements sound great, though. Sleeping on the operated side will come in time. Mine gets more comfortable every day.

Hi Sue,
Nice to hear from you! It's sounds as though you're doing well. Lots of improvements.
We slowly work our way back to normalcy. Each of those milestones feel so great!
If it's any consolation my knee is still tight. It doesn't hurt but I know Josephine says
swelling and stiffness are forms of pain. Wondering if yours is from the trauma of surgery,
or a little OA. I have some arthritis in mine but since it's not bothering me,
I do a great job of ignoring it. Hope you're day is going great!
@Susan209

Hahaha! We're 23 F / -5 C Brrrr! Send some heat our way....

Hello lovely @Layla . I don't think it's OA in the knee, as the pain is very different to what I had in my hip. I'm seeing the OS again mid Feb, so will definitely ask about the knee if it is still bothering me then.

So good you are doing well. I couldn't sleep on my op side, hence any side, until about 4 months out...and then it was a process.
Finally now I can side sleep but at 8 months out I can also sleep on my back...habit I guess.
Hope your day is lovely.
I'll take those steaming temps...I like it.

Hi @Susan209 glad to hear things are going well. It's lovely being able to do certain things that just seemed impossible a few weeks ago. I never thought I'd get so much joy from being able to put my own socks on. And I've just recently started to try lying on my operated side - can manage about 10 mins then need to turn over but getting there. I'm also working loads, I got all the essential bits done before the op and now just catching up on all the other bits - which are rapidly becoming the new essential bits. Would love some of your sunshine - looking out of the window here by my desk we have about 4 inches of snow. Great to hear of your progress, long may it continue.

Hey Suzie Q,
Stopping by to say :hi: in case you peek in.
Missing you passing out flowers here :flwrysmile:
Hope all is well and you're just busy with work.
I guess there comes a time when a bird's gotta fly....hope you're enjoying life!
@Susan209

Hoping all is well with you also.
:flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker