TKR Update

Hi @Benay! I’m writing this from a cafe in Aix en Provence. I’m glad to hear you’re doing so well, I am too! The flight from NY to London was fine, and also from London to Marseilles. Very little swelling, I haven’t iced yet. I did get an anti inflammatory since my right knee was acting up and it’s helped a lot. The weather has been wonderful so walking and climbing stairs all over London, Avignon and now Aix en Provence. Yesterday I did over 20,000 steps and tons of stairs! So happy and thankful to be feeling so good. Like you, I’m looking forward to getting back in shape, and this is a good start. I can’t say I’m dieting though, the food and wine here is Provence is just spectacular!

You are much missed, but I am so very glad that no news is good news and you are out having a life!

@Benay - I am finding that your post #31 on my thread is pretty darn accurate to date! Can't wait to get to the "green". Hope you are well!

Reactions: RAD
I am, call me "green"! I'll be in Europe end of the month and very excited, I think I'm almost pain free at this point and hopefully will be able to walk for miles, the true test. I'll let you know.

That color pain graph was the best, I constantly scrutinized it and it kept me optimistic and on track.

The other knee probably has been over-burdened during recovery so some minor grumbles and, at this point, I'm envious of members like @luvcats and @Denny39 who are all done, once and for all, with both.

I still watch for the surgery friends I interacted with, though they're few and far between as time goes on, and love to see their updates even well after they've recovered.

Sending you very good wishes and good thoughts for the greens, even the light ones, and for many more ups than downs. You've had tough days.

Last edited:
Wow 20,000 steps is beyond amazing! @Benay i will think of you traveling in Europe!! Have fun!! I’m not quite ready for that amount of walking but so so happy you’re doing it! Zann

Reactions: RAD
@RAD is in France right now and busy doing those daily 20 thousand steps. I'm going the end of the month, not sure I'll be able to equal that, but will give it a shot. I'll update.

@Benay I’m home. It was a wonderful vacation and things went really well with the knees. I went on a long day out of Paris to Champagne which was great, but it was probably my most difficult day since there was a lot of standing and then riding in a relatively tight van, along with lots of walking and stairs. I was a bit stiff and exhausted at the end of that day (left at 7am, not back until 8pm). But I was back to walking all over Paris the next day, so I bounced back well. The flight home was fine. I didn’t ice during the whole trip and definitely feel like this is my new secure strong knee! We’ll see what happens with the right knee...
@Benay I know you’re going to be fine on your trip, just relax and enjoy yourself! You’ve done the work, now you will reap the rewards!

RAD, luvcats, Neesie, and all the others out there. It's our last night in Brussels. Knee has been a trooper, not given it a thought, not a twinge or an icing or even a moment of doubt. It's five months post and I'm so over the worst for sure. Sometimes walked 9 miles during a day (iWatch accuracy), sometimes dragged suitcase over cobblestones, lots of steps (Europe so not up to speed with American with Disabilities Act). I've been really fortunate, definitely luck and in no way good management. We're home tomorrow late, missed the kitty, back to real life and planning on back to yoga I guess with some adaptations - in particular kneeling. I'll let you know how that progresses.

Thanks for all your help and support throughout the journey - so glad it's in the past. Pretty much the first time I've felt really positive enough to write that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you are doing amazingly well for only 5 months! :happydance:

@Benay I’m so happy to see your post! I knew you would have a great trip and feel wonderful! Surgery seems like a long time ago, doesn’t it? Have a good trip home. So psyched for you!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip and your knee has delivered 'as advertised'!
20,000 steps! What a goal!

Welcome home!
Let us know how you manage with personalized yoga.

CONGRATULATIONS! You have inspired so many of us. Your trip was well deserved and a reward for all your effort.

@Neesie thanks for your comments, you're so kind but honestly I feel it's random and lots of hit or miss as to how the post op progression goes - I was one of the lucky ones. Probably in the next couple of years I will have to consider tearing into the right knee. Will be interesting to see the differences. Not a fan of the whole ordeal to be honest but I try to bear in mind needs must. Right now I'm transiting in Montreal waiting for our flight back to LAX, excited to see my cat Benay. I know it's been tough on him. Really I'm thankful for this forum, it's been a sanity check throughout.

@Benay I’m so in the same place. I feel like I was very fortunate during this whole process. I will probably need the right knee done at some point but hopefully that’s done the road a bit. I can’t really think about it yet..

@RAD
It's not necessary to quote a post to make a reply. Just go on down to the bottom of the page where it says "Write your reply" and start typing.

There's a very good reason not to use the full quote every time. It takes up precious space on the forum page needlessly and makes reading posts or finding information in a thread much more difficult. It's why we tell people they don't need to quote at all if they are posting right after and also why we have the multiple quote feature.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom