TKR Update

I have a couple of rogue looking hairs right by the incision. Not sure how to proceed.

@Benay shaving the numb spot was a little weird, but not too bad. Even though going back to work after 3 and a half weeks was definitely tough, it got me quickly beyond the knee world, which in many ways was a good thing. It’s great that you’re getting back into lots of other things. I had tea today with my personal trainer to discuss workouts when PT is over. Feels like life is moving forward!

I know I feel lucky. I'm sure the there'll be a few more not so great days but I'll get through them. I think we're over the hump @RAD .

Reactions: RAD
I wrote this on someone else's thread but think it needs to be on mine too. I really have appreciated you all out there sharing your experiences and compassion, I know it has made a huge difference to me these past 10 weeks.

Still find reading other's threads fascinating. We all have lots in common and at least parts of everyone's experience has made up my whole. You don't feel alone in this new world, unsure how I would have handled the highs and lows of recovery without this resource and my close surgery buddies to rely on - RAD, Rather, LaxMom, winemama.

I just caught up on your thread. For some reason I was not getting alerts even though I follow you. You are doing fantastic, my friend! I love reading your progress because it is something for me to look forward to achieving in a few weeks. Great job all the way around! You made me smile with the few stray hairs around the incision! Tweezers, I say!

And I am glad to know I am not the only one who abandons the big bed after surgery. I just returned - completed night 2 so far and it is a little weird - he snores - how did I forget that part?!?!?! In all seriousness though, if your bed is hard, you might want to consider a knee pillow. I got a nice one on Amazon that helps for side sleeping.

I would also love to get up gracefully from the floor but not sure I will ever see that day. We can hope though! Right now I use the hands down and butt up in the air technique, lol!

@LaxMom Hate to admit but I'm reluctant to return to the big bed. First thing in the morning I do (cat wakes me up at 6 or before) but the snoring is awful and I'd be sleeping with one eye open worried about accidental knee interference. As it is I have my favorite sheets, a huge big bed, my cat, my favorite pillows and all my bits around me. Soon I'll have to but delaying the transition (almost put evil hour :loll:).

Happy to catch up, glad you're progressing too. I'll be watching out for you!

11 weeks post op yesterday, back to the beach early today before it got too hot and crowded. I prefer the winter beach for walking, more dogs, less tourists.

Walked a mile and some and the best part was climbing carefully over a pile of rocks. My knee handled it like a champ. :spin:

Attachments

• 89222176-1BFC-4DAC-A7F8-AA87062C1C08.jpeg
    89222176-1BFC-4DAC-A7F8-AA87062C1C08.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 0F37D637-A1E2-48FC-9AEC-686B6B9C9B5E.jpeg
    0F37D637-A1E2-48FC-9AEC-686B6B9C9B5E.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 151
Hooray for the beach, that looks beautiful!
I've been tweezing around my scar, easy peasy on the numb spot!!
I'm so glad you're doing well. Nice to have 'worries' like leg hair lol!
I appreciate hearing how its going for those further along than me. Its very reassuring :thankyou:

So glad to help even if it is only minor. I still have those 2 rogue hairs (they're dark, dunno why) right by the incision. Reluctant to go there with tweezers in hand. Will try to 'pluck' up courage based on your tweezing success. Thanks!

17835B87-E199-4301-A44C-9AB751577F8B.jpeg Hairs are gone from incision you'll be pleased to hear @Ladyala. New icing apparatus arrived, I think it's my ultimate favorite, comfortable, molds to wherever it's put, cold can be moderated, quick to be recharged, altogether a winner. Amazon prime, cheap, wish I'd had it weeks ago. @winemama @RAD flattens for travel and really holds the freeze. :ice: I still ice whenever I'm off my feet.

I still ice all the time @Benay! Is it the one you already posted a picture of?

I guess the weight of that ice bag doesn’t bother you.

Even after my incision stopped being really sensitive my knee itself is sensitive to weight, even now,

@RAD definitely new pic, just got the bag and still on the couch, exact same position.
Actually had posted a pic of the blue from Amazon (good memory), this arrived white - probably prefer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAD
My knee is such a drama queen! :badspidy:

Last edited:
Ice Bag Packs - Reusable Hot & Cold Pack (2 Packs(9/11 Inch)) On Amazon.

If I had 2 I'd use one on the backside of my knee.

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts