TKR Update

Ouch @Benay

It is so frustrating when we think we are doing better and are bodies are not quite ready. Sounds like you have a good plan. Take care.

What I've binged:

Game of Thrones - hasn't everyone binged this??
New Girl - light and fun
When They See Us - excellent and so disturbing
The OA - weird, but intriguing
Dead to Me - I really liked this

Other suggestions that I'll probably watch soon:
Burn after Reading
Barry

Thank you! Some I've seen will look at the others.

Great binge list @klinkmcbear

I will check these out.

@Benay - I watched True Detective. Could not get through season 2 but the others were great.

Ok, @Benay - I see you have a new image. Are you going to Paris when this is all over? You have me intrigued!

I understand binge-watching shows is the trendy activity for bonesmarties. lol. I'm taking notes and I have a nice long list for my turn coming up.
Anyone watched The Good Place? light fun fluff, which seems like just the thing.

Have been reading your pages with great interest, very informative. I am on day 12 postop and restless legs being a realnuisance at night. Will try heat pack on thigh☺

@LaxMom yes I'm going to Paris soon as I'm not a burden. Was planning before this but had to postpone. It's my favorite place.

By the way I'm binging Dead to Me too. I don't love it but invested in it now. Think I'm up to 5.

@Benay - Paris - fanatastic! Parlez vous francais?

I sort of love Dead to Me. Through episode 4. It is dark but also funny. I like the quirkiness/campiness of it all.

I’m about the same with French. Despite years of learning a French Canadian heritage. I think if I could live in France or Montreal for a while it would come to me. We spent some time in Montreal a few years ago and my guys were relying on me as the only French speaker. I will day toward the end of the week I was replying to a few easy things in French without thinking about it. I guess that happens if you can stay long enough.

When we are awake at night we can talk about Dead to Me. Lol!

@luvcats I watched The Good Place - another quirky, fun series. I enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it on my list, thanks!

Last edited:
@Benay A trip to Paris sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate the new knee. I have a list of so much traveling I want to do when I can walk again! I love Paris, but I have to say Venice is my favorite.

This is the start of my 7th week and @Denny39 you know where that puts me:loll:Hoping you're doing well too.

I have good days and the not so good but all in all can see a massive improvement from the early days. I'm taking one 5 mg Tramadol at night and just 2 Tylenols in the morning. Night time is my most uncomfortable time although I generally sleep through at times I'm aware of varying degrees of knee discomfort.

Speaking of fabulous sisters @LaxMom, I have the same genre of son. He's bought me a spa weekend at the Ritz Carlton this weekend. Checked with OS and he is fine for steam, sauna, Jacuzzi and massage, (I didn't get into facials), he says OK for all but I'm a little worried about Jacuzzi and most probably won't. Got a couple of minuscule pin prick scabs still on the scar.

I'm moving forward and definitely progressing but it's still early days yet but this is feeling like forever. Shades of Groundhog Day, the :ice: never stops!

I constantly keep up with the goings on of all of you and so happy to read of the progress and small victories :prayer:

@LaxMom Right now all about HBO Chernobyl. Incredible.

@RAD always so happy to read your updates, we're close to surgery buds.

Last edited:
he says OK for all but I'm a little worried about Jacuzzi and most probably won't. Got a couple of minuscule pin prick scabs still on the scar.
Wise decision!

Until your scar is completely healed, with no scabs or open areas at all, it's safest not to immerse your knee in water - particularly water that other people have also used.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom