Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

etndeadhead

Country
United States United States
Hello everyone, it's been quite awhile since I last posted anything on here and I am not exactly tech savvy so be patient with me.lol! Anyway, I am tentatively scheduled for shoulder replacement surgery on August 28,2023. This will be my third joint replacement. I have had both knees replaced. The first was in August of 2015 and the second was February 7, 2022. This will be my fourth surgery in two and a half years. I had open heart surgery (triple bypass) on March 29, 2021, arthroscopic surgery of right knee in October of 2021, and total knee replacement of right knee in February2022. Hopefully this will be the last one for a while!

@etndeadhead Welcome to the shoulder side of BoneSmart! This area is not as active as knees and hips. But it is growing quickly. Do spend some time reading in the recovery area. Lots of happy members - most who found this recovery much easier than they imagined.

Which shoulder is being replaced. We will put this information in your signature for you!

@etndeadhead As the happy owner of 4 "new" joints - though hips rather than knees - I will say I found the shoulder replacement easier than the hips. And that is primarily because shoulders are not weight bearing! Yes the post op pain was about the same, sleeping issues were a concern, and PT was rigorous and required. But still post op shoulder was a bit easier to deal with than post op hips.

This is good to hear! The knee replacements were extremely painful. The pain was deep and intense. But, we men can be such babies.lol! Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Actually I am really looking forward to getting this done. Although the knees were painful in the short term, the end result has been phenomenal. I have been completely satisfied with the results.

@etndeadhead It's great to see you have a firm date for your surgery! And have all the pre op visits set up :) Hopefully the summer wait will go by quickly and be relatively relaxing for you.

Thanks! We're going to Colorado for a few weeks. Also to see our daughter in Wyoming. So the summer will be full which will help pass the time.

Well, I had my preop appointments last week and everything is ready. I was told I will be intubated because I will have a deeper level of anesthesia than when I had my knee replacements. That makes me a bit nervous, but I'm ready to get this done!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom