BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

Surgery Right knee

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by Cynof4, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Cynof4

Cynof4 member

United States United States
    Bonesmart,
    As much as we prepare it seems the winds of change can quickly redirect our path. After a week of feeling less than my best I’ve been diagnosed with a complicated UTI that has severely depressed my kidney function. So off to the nephrologist I go. Probably facing a PICC line and a few weeks of recovery.
    I am thankful for all your suggestions and help. I’ve enjoyed reading the forums and will
    continue to lurk around. We will reschedule my TKR when all is well again.
    I’d appreciate any prayers, good vibes or healing wishes you could send my way.

~Cynthia

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lovetocookandsew

lovetocookandsew FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

So sorry to hear you're ill. I'm sending good wishes for a speedy recovery your way and hope you are soon mended and can reschedule your TKR.

3. BCSAnna

BCSAnna member

@Cynof4

Oh, Cynthia, I am so very sorry to learn of your illness and the need to delay your surgery. But, I can certainly understand the critical need to be infection free when undergoing TKR. I will miss comparing recovery notes with you "surgery buddy.":cry: And, I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and pray that you can quickly overcome this latest bump in the road. I have a magnet on my fridge that sums up my philosophy on life, "I plan and God laughs!" So true.:shrug:

Please continue to lurk and chat me up on my recovery thread. In the meantime, take care Cynthia.

Anna:flwrysmile:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    @Cynof4 - I'm so sorry to hear of your infection. I hope that the PiCC line antibiotics work quickly and you start to feel better soon.
    Please let us know when you're better and have a new surgery date.

5. Poctdb

Poctdb senior

That is such bad luck. My wish for you is that the antibiotics work to banish those bugs quickly. Please get well soon you can then receive a shiny new knee. We await your return.
    Good luck.

6. newpartial

newpartial junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will be thinking of you and sending you all the very best for a speedy recovery .. take care :flwrysmile:

7. AmeliaP

AmeliaP junior member

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. Still, you were more than ready so once this infection is past, you’ll be back on track. Hang in there!

8. fenway09

fenway09 junior member

Hi Cynthia, I am just catching up on the thread and saw this news. I am so sorry your surgery has been postponed but grateful you are taking the necessary steps to recover. As my mother frequently said " we can't change the wind, but we can adjust our sail" and that is what we are often called to do. Best wishes and will look forward to hearing how you are doing. Speedy recovery. I need my TPF buddy. ~ sarah:console2: