THR Surgery countdown

Thanks @Sunnytimesahead i hope your surgery goes ahead as planned. I just feel lost right now. This postponement has affected everything in my life right now. Some day we will look back on this all and shake out heads.

Parsley, I know exactly how you feel. I just got back from grocery shopping and told myself that is the last time I will do that until after surgery. I can barely get around with a cane right now due to the pain and I don't want to risk a fall.

I had to wait 2 months for the surgery date because my surgeon was booked that far in advance. I was depressed about that for a day or so but realized it really was out of my hands. I'm just trying to take it day by day now!

It sounds like you've done all the prep work for your surgery already (and you're very organized!) so hopefully that go ahead call won't be too far down the road for you.

Doh! That happened to me too. I was supposed to have my surgery in March and ended up having it in June. Take a deep breath and know that when you go in it will be safe.

Thanks to all.
@Schaargi
I am taking lots of deep breaths. It's been a domino effect. My job has been negatively impacted by this and I feel badly for my patients. The surgeon's office called yesterday to say I've been tentatively rescheduled for 12/8. I'll believe it when I'm wheeled into the operating room.

I'm believing it, keep the faith, friend.:fingersx:

Thanks @Mojo333 and @leejaa for the positivity. I'm afraid I'm not feeling much of it right now. I had everything planned to the day day as far as my job and this has now thrown a major wrench into already tight financial planning. I'm trying to keep busy with other things but I live alone so my thoughts tend to go back to all of this especially when the hip kicks up aching.:thud:

@Parsley Sage, just checking in with you to see that hopefully your surgery is still on for the 8th and that hip pain is being reined in to where it's bearable. I've been trying to keep my mind off my hip and surgery (yeah, right) by getting ready for the holidays but must admit I'm not very successful.

Every time my phone has rang lately, I'm hesitant to answer in fear that I get the "call". I did receive call today that hospital is not allowing any inpatient surgeries, and if I could go the outpatient route, surgery could still proceed. With worsening pain and wanting the surgery done this year (out of pocket met), I didn't hesitate to go ahead.

Anyway, hopefully your last day of pre-op hip pain is just a week away!!

Thanks @Sunnytimesahead I understand your decision to go through with outpatient surgery as your only choice right now. My doctor isn't giving me that choice and here we go again Cleveland Clinic stopped surgeries beginning 12/7. It's like an awful remake of Groundhog's Day--except my surgeon is still holding out some hope. According to his nurse the doctors are watching to see if they get an influx of Covid patients over the weekend that fill the beds then it will be a no otherwise yes. I won't know until sometime Monday. This has been a wild ride and not over yet.

Wow, the suspense must be killing you. Wishing the best for you!

Oh jeez, Parsley, what a rollercoaster ride you've been on for trying to get this hip fixed! One of my favorite movies is Groundhog's Day, but I must admit I don't want to "live in it" like you're experiencing. I'm down in the greater Cincinnati area myself, so I'm quite aware of the Ohio Covid shutdowns.

Keeping my fingers crossed you're still on for the 8th! Please keep us informed.

I'm done. I waited today for a call about my surgery scheduled for tomorrow. I finally received it at 2 p.m. giving me instructions for the next day. Thirty minutes later I received another call that Covid patients had been admitted and took up the beds so I was cancelled. I can't live and work like this and now I would have to start all over with deductible/out of pocket. So I won't deal with this again until next year this time. What a year. I wish everyone on here the best.

I’m so sorry to hear that but it does sound like a good way forward. It’s so difficult to live with the uncertainty of something that is causing anxiety anyway. I hope you can find some rest and then resume again next year. Lots of hugs.

Oh my gosh, how aggravating! I'm so sorry!

Oh my stars.... I'm so sorry!
To have it down to the wire like that would have to be beyond frustrating! :sad:
Unfortunately you are just one of many elective surgeries being cancelled and I feel horrible for you and all in pain waiting for surgery.

I believe our Ask the Expert series in January will be about what to do if your surgery is cancelled. I hope maybe you can join us for that.
Hope you can baby that hip and get some distraction with the holidays.

Oh, @Parsley Sage, I am SO SORRY your hip surgery has been cancelled. I can hear the despair and frustration in your words and you certainly have reason to feel that way. I hope you find a more peaceful end of the year since the anxiety of not knowing is not hanging in the air for you any longer.

I wish you all the best.

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine how your feeling. Praying for you.

I am so terribly sorry that you have suffered this disappointment, @Parsley Sage. I hope you can find good support for getting by with your hip without too much pain.

I can’t even imagine what you experienced with those phone calls right down at the wire.

Big hug!

I'm back.:wave: I'm going to try again for the third time after getting cancelled twice by the hospital. I'm scheduled for February 8th but I'm not telling anyone-- except you guys!

I'm glad you have a new date, @Parsley Sage and I'm crossing my fingers that third time will be the charm and you don't get postponed again.

I'll add your name to the February Valentines surgery team thread.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom