Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Suprapatellar bursa 26 month post rtkr

Pat ten

Country
United States United States
Have had both tkr left Sept 2017 right Jan 2018, right has a bursa above kneecap, was there immediately after surgery, doctor said not to worry just to live with it till it gets as big as an egg then he might remove or drain. Has always remained a bump above kneecap, now after walking about two miles knee swells occasionally and leg won't bend and hurts to walk or stand . Also have sciatica in right leg after surgery , before now past 25 years was always on left leg. Not sure if bursa or sciatica is the problem. Primary care says my leg is shorter so sending me to orthopedist to make shoe insert. Any advice would help thanks

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @Pat ten - and :welome:

It sounds to me as if you need to go back to your surgeon and talk to him about your right knee.
As a rule, surgeons are reluctant to remove a knee bursa, but he might drain it.

However, it sounds as if something else could be going on with your knee as well.

For now, I suggest you cut back your walking, as it seems to be irritating that knee?
Have you tried icing and elevating-it?
Ice to control pain and swelling
Elevation: the do's and dont's

OP
OP
P

Pat ten

Country
Yes I ice and elevate, and usually swelling goes down in 24 hours. I can't see OS because he is not in my current insurance plan. And was told by primary care that other OS in my insurance plan would not look at it, so he would not give me referral. Do you think the sciatica could be pinched ,or swelling from bursa could cause pain and immediate stiffness in knee? I exercise by water walking, riding bike ,stretch ing ,and up till now walking 10,000 steps a day . It happens maybe every two weeks now. Thanks for your help

OP
OP
P

Pat ten

Country
So getting the shoe lift will probably not help problem with knee swelling and getting stiff, I think my primary care Dr believes my shorter leg is causing. You think I should see an orthopedic surgeon correct? Thanks ,I am a little confused and PC has to give me referral , which at this point has refused when I asked.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
BigDon
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom