THR Supersonic's Post Op Thread

Hope all gets going soon so you can get going soon.
:yes:

You have a good system, if they make sure you have a bowel movement before you go home! Sounds like you are in good hands.

Hey mainegirl1 l'm home. So all good there can't believe my bowels were an issue to anyone but me but grateful for the nurses concern. (me+2 other ladies on ward conspired to be home despite not performing on the potty) But proud to announce , flags can be flown .
Unusual to be home and not do certain things. Appetite small, family seems worried that l'm not doing enough ( l am). Lecturing me as l'm sat wash, dressed, bedroom tidied downstsirs while daughters in PJs! Early

[PS not sure of forum rules, l've posted same post twice. I will delete first reply]

Yes it's new for everyone involved in my care. Just pottering about on the hour every hour. Doing the physio that l can.
Still no abduction strength but feel the adduction has returned. Got my ' day station ' set up. Bedrooms set up too.
Looking forward to the long Bank Holiday weekend. I will be sat in my garden like l envisaged. Feeling the sun on my skin, feeling happier. Strong hospital meds have worn off, on slightly upped meds that l had before so feeling extemely chilled now.

Looking forward to the long Bank Holiday weekend. I will be sat in my garden like l envisaged. Feeling the sun on my skin, feeling happier.
Good old Vitamin D therapy.:SUNsmile:
Simply the best.
Have a great weekend friend.:friends:

@Supersonic a lovely day ahead of you.. But that #2 will return and meantime do not stray far from the receptacle. It may return as it did for me with not much warning.

Abduction is tough.. Slide a plastic bag over your foot if you have not done so already

:hi:Thank you for the well wishes. Small steps at the mo. Sticking to the meds but looking at ways to reduce as soon as possible.
Walked in my small garden - lovely- and will take a slightly longer walk tomoro too.
Sleep came in 2 halves but thats normal for me.
Don't know how l will sleep on my back for 6 weeks !
Any tips gladly received :thankyou:

Don't know how l will sleep on my back for 6 weeks !
Believe it or not you will get used to back sleeping. I was lucky as I learned to back sleep after my spinal surgery. Just try and relax and don't fight it.

Enforced rest is getting frustrating. Attention span isn't great right now.
I do a little in the a.m then rest a bit, midday potter then restful afternoon until maybe something early evening then bed.
I would consider myself fairly fit but rest is crucial. l am gaining rom every day.
Its hard forcing myself to rest. Last night listened to a 3h playlist on my kindle whilst playing games on my phone. Just got to go with it for a while

I'm sorry you're struggling to rest. For some it comes easy to sit back and chill, sadly others have to force themselves to take a breather. I can sure relate to your comments on attention span. Even worse for me was memory! I couldn't remember something my husband said five minutes earlier. It was awful and frankly frightening to me. Frustrating side effect for someone who normally has a good memory. As expected, it slowly eased.

It's helpful to find things to do while sitting as you did last evening enjoying your playlist while playing games on your phone. There are always movies to watch, or a Netflix series, you could purchase an adult coloring book and fresh box of colored pencils, read books, page through magazines, engage in online games...as you've done. Connect with friends and family through phone calls, knit, crochet, write or email Thank You notes to those who've helped you, meditate or pray, start a Pinterest acct if that interests you. Peruse Houzz, if home decor is your thing. Work on assembling a puzzle if you're comfortable sitting on a chair for any length of time.

Don't forget a car ride (passenger) as a respite from the boredom, or even sitting outside in the fresh air and sunshine listening to the sounds of nature, very calming and relaxing. It's early days for you still, but soon enough you'll feel the weeks clicking on by. One week anniversary already tomorrow. Woohoo!
I hope you enjoy the evening and have a wonderful week!
@Supersonic

Thankyou, l'm still a bit hyped by it all tbh. Waited so long and it's done!
Thought l was ready and l was but not relaxed. Think l'm playing catch up a little. Keep reliving the last week but l know from previous ptsd ( car crash). that it's the minds way of dealing with trauma.
This too shall pass !

We got to the first drop the surgery. now things are slowing down for a loop de loop
I cant stay awake either

I printed off the activity progression Layla mentioned and put it on the refrigerator so that any and all well meaning folks who thought I 'should' be doing X y and z would read it and hopefully keep their mouths shut. It seemed to work! Good luck chilling. Pamper yourself! :loveshwr:

Yep l've passed the leaflets l've been given around too ! Just to remind everyone that l'm taking the official advise following THR.
It's nearly 1am and my body clock is well and truly awry plus there's leg tingles and spasms to dreal with that aren't pleasant to deal with.
A quilt is too heavy a blanket not enough. 2 tramadol aren't touching things either.
Gonna have a look at the social room .:shrug:

Yep. I have the preop groin pain. Nothing touching it
Cannot move leg at all despite ice and elevation
Way worse than TKR IIRC
My leg is bruised and massively swollen. Muscles so tight that the PA hurt his in the dislocation
Cant help your pain but you are not alone
Worse I am peeing. x every 30 min

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom