THR SuperPath and Hip Dysplasia

hi @Layla , Thank you for thinking of me, I appreciate you. I am fine, still lurking every day.

My summer was ok, uneventful.

This weekend the weather has been great so far. I had a hair and nail day today. I have a gender reveal party tomorrow. It's my nephew and his wife's party. I am sure I won't be doing any dancing. Although, I have my good and not so good hip days.

Looking forward to Monday, as well...it's supposed to rain, so I will probably just chill at home...maybe visit my eldest sister who I haven't seen in six weeks. She spends her summers in Montenegro--where we are from--she owns a home there. I am always invited, but I have two dogs...so, it's tough to go anywhere more than a week. I hate leaving them longer than that. It's not worth going to Europe for less than 2 weeks. Besides, the city is built on an acropolis so there is a lot of steps...deffinitely not up for that...not yet.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and your barbeque, that's always nice.

Again, thanks for thinking of me...I'll be here reading the positive posts. I don't want to read too much about complications. I am shooting for fall of 2020 for my surgery date. I'm hoping I can hold out till then...I think I can, I think I can...lol.

Take care for now. xoxo

:hi:
Sure do hope you are able to get everything set for next fall.
Love to see you getting well.:ok:

It's good to hear from you, Mersada.
I'm happy you're sticking with us until the time is right for your surgery. Avoiding anything you find unpleasant on the forum is understandable. I did also as a lurker. Wrapping your head around surgery is enough, why fill your mind with scenarios that trouble you and most likely will never affect you anyway...that's how I viewed it.

A hair and nail day can go along way in making you feel better. Crazy as it sounds, when we are looking better we often feel better. I found applying minimal make-up and styling my hair a bit in the very early days of recovery made me feel better. It only took 3-4 days of catching a glimpse of my bedhead and sorry self in the bathroom mirror and I decided ENOUGH!

I hope you have fun at the gender reveal party. I've watched videos on some of the cutest gender reveals. That wasn't "a thing" in the days I gave birth to my kids. Nor were "push presents!" Wonder if it's too late to try and collect? :rotfl: Crazy the ideas they come up with these days.

Interesting you're from Montenegro. I'll bet you miss home some days. Wish it wasn't so difficult for you to make the trip there. Possibly a nice goal once you've recovered from THR. You'll most likely enjoy it more also minus the pain.

I hope you can hold out for as long as you need to, Mersada, with any pain remaining tolerable. Wishing you comfort in the meantime. Will be in touch...
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Mersada

hi @Layla,
It's gonna be a boy!! It was a nice party. The gender reveal thing hasn't been a thing for very long. I think only the past few years. It's nice to do I guess. More interesting than a regular shower, which she will have in a few months, too. We didn't buy gifts for the baby reveal, my sis (the grandma) said it wasn't necessary right now, save it for the shower, which is what I'll do.

As for Montenegro, I don't really miss it. I have been in NY since the age of 2, so I consider myself more American than anything. I would rather visit places I haven't been before, to tell you the truth. I might go on a singles trip to cancun in February, I haven't made up my mind, yet. There is a singles agency that plans these trips for singles only and it's nice to travel with like minded folks. I don't know if I should, yet...I should be saving for back up for my surgery. It's just that I haven't been anywhere since a cruise I took February of 2018...seems like so long ago. I could use a break and I've never been to cancun. It's at a resort, so I don't think it has a lot of walking...but, who knows. I'll make up my mind in a month or so.

Thank you for the well wishes, I wish you a great week, as well.

:hi:
Sure do hope you are able to get everything set for next fall.
Love to see you getting well.:ok:

Hi @Mojo333 -- to early to set a date, yet I think. The os told me to see him 2 months prior to set things up.
Thank you for the well wishes. I'll be here lurking the boards. I always learn something new whenever I lurk...like the dog dishes with the stick...didn't know they existed. They could be helpful. I haven't ordered them, yet though.

On a good note, my 46 year old niece promised to be there for me atleast the first couple of weeks. She even offered to take a first week off. I am not going to let her do that though, as long as she is within phone call distance I think I will be fine. I would not be comfortable having someone just sit at my place while I probably will just want to sleep in the beginning. As long as they (I have a few sisters and nieces) can come and change wee wee pads and help with the dogs a bit...I think it could work. I just hate relying on people.

Well, thanks for stopping by my thread and saying hello. Wish you a great week. See you on the boards.

On a good note, my 46 year old niece promised to be there for me atleast the first couple of weeks. She even offered to take a first week off. I am not going to let her do that though
I know you don't like to put anyone out, but please consider this.
Letting someone help can often make them feel better, and it is a comfort the early days until you get things leveled out.
I agree with staying away from all the negative forces...thinking positively and I bet you are going to be So ready to be done with it.
I was.
Hope your week is sweet...we are in hurricane preparedness mode so it has been super busy here.

Hi Mersada, :wave:
Hope you're still hanging in there and your discomfort is tolerable.
I know you're not quite ready and I certainly understand. We're here if you ever need us and we'll be there to support you when the time is right.
Wishing you a nice week and a Happy Thanksgiving!
@Mersada

hi @Layla ,
Thank you for thinking of me. I am hanging in there. Not yet my time. I have been lurking the boards practically everyday.

I go see Cher in concert with my sisters and nieces next Tuesday. I am driving into the city...found a parking lot no too far from Madison Square Garden so, I don't have to walk that far

For Thanksgiving I was invited to my Sister's house and also a niece's house. I will probably try to stop by one for dinner and the other for dessert. I have to work on Friday, so It will probably be an early night for me.

That's my update. Nothing that exciting...I am deffinitely avoiding doing. too many things that involve a lot of walking. I spend a lot of time home, which I kind of enjoy anyway.

Also, trying to lose some weight, it hasn't been too successful but, I'm trying. It will be better for me and my hip....my knee was bothering me today...I hope it is temporary, probably the extra 45 pounds i'm carrying isn't helping either hip nor knee.

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving....again, thank you for thinking of me.

I had Anterior approach done 11/22 with displaysia, Inpingmant, and arthritis. My OS is very experienced and gets high reviews. Was released from hospital next morning after walking with walker 2 hours after surgery. Not taking any major pain meds and happy with approach and results thus far.

Hello @Mersada Thanks for your response!
My parents saw Cher in concert quite a few years ago and while I'm not sure they were HUGE fans of hers, they enjoyed the concert and said she puts on a really good show. I recall they were impressed by the ingenious and speedy costume changes that took place right on stage. I hope you enjoy! I'm sure her performing days are numbered, but she certainly had a good run and with some help looks fantastic for 73! I always found her to be amusing...quick witted.

It sounds like you have no shortage of plans for the holiday. I hope you have a wonderful day spending time with loved ones.
Happy Thanksgiving, Mersada!

I had Anterior approach done 11/22 with displaysia, Inpingmant, and arthritis. My OS is very experienced and gets high reviews. Was released from hospital next morning after walking with walker 2 hours after surgery. Not taking any major pain meds and happy with approach and results thus far.

I saw 5 os and two of them did anterior and one did superpath, neither would do anterior or superpath on me because of the dysplasia. It's hard to know which doctors do which approach because you don't know till you get a consultation. Where in the u.s. are you? NYC? That's where I am. I am glad you had a successful outcome. I worry because each os I saw said my hip was "complicated". I hope mine is as successful as yours....but, I won't be ready for atleast a year. Have to accumulate more time from work.

Hello @Mersada Thanks for your response!
My parents saw Cher in concert quite a few years ago and while I'm not sure they were HUGE fans of hers, they enjoyed the concert and said she puts on a really good show. I recall they were impressed by the ingenious and speedy costume changes that took place right on stage. I hope you enjoy! I'm sure her performing days are numbered, but she certainly had a good run and with some help looks fantastic for 73! I always found her to be amusing...quick witted.
My older sister was making a joke how we are spending 200 a ticket to see an old lady perform.....lol. I am looking forward to it, though. Hopefully, my hip cooperates that day, I feel like with the cold it stiffens up a bit.

Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving!! Mine was nice. I hate that I have to work tomorrow, but guess I should be "thankful" to have a job...lol. Have a great weekend!!

I did have a nice Thanksgiving, Mersada. I'm happy to hear you did also.
I hope you enjoy Cher tomorrow evening and find a place close enough to park to minimize the walking. With any luck your hip will be on its best behavior. Have a great time!
@Mersada

Hi @Layla , Got home about an hour ago. Cher did not disappoint, she gave a great show. She looks amazing....I envy her. She looks good for any age. She opens with "whats your grandma doing right now" lol, as she trots around the stage in skimpy outfits.

Parking was right down w31 st which was down the block from Madison Square Garden, so it worked out well and was cheap. We had dinner right next door to the parking lot, so walking was minimal. I purchased a one inch shoe lift insert that I tried out on Monday. I noticed less pain...used it for the 2nd time tonight and noticed I can walk with less pain with the lift. Hopefully, this keeps up for a while. It is easy to wear with boots on, won't work so well with sandals or flip flops. I guess I will worry about that later. I drove all my sisters home, so I didn't get home till 1am. We all live within ten to 15 minutes each other. It was 4 sisters and my eldest niece who is 44. It was a nice night out...I don't do too many of those.

Well, I hope you are having a great week. I took today and tomorrow off. I don't go back to work till Thursday. Thank you for thinking of me. <3

:hi:So glad you got some fun...Cher is incredible! Probably has great hips too:heehee:
Have a great week, Mersada

Good Morning, @Mersada
I'm not surprised to hear Cher put on a great show. Not only is she well preserved, :heehee: (face and body) but with the wigs, costume changes, her quick wit and singing it would be entertaining. You're right, she does look awesome, especially for her age! It's good to read you were able to enjoy the entire evening with your sisters including dinner out and not too much walking.

Interesting that the lift has helped. I suppose with the breakdown of cartilage your affected leg may be shorter than the other. It's probably good you took today off in case you're feeling any after affects this morning, that weren't apparent last evening.
Now for the sprint toward Christmas. Ready Set Go! :)

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday and a good rest of the week!

Hi @Layla, No real pain today, which I'm greatful for. The lift is helping...my left leg with the bad hip is an inch shorter.

Well, you are right about Cher, she looks great for any age...let alone 73, I'm sure having money helps. lol.

Anyway, have a great rest of the week! Only 2 more work days till the weekend
:spin::yes!:

Happy New Year, Mersada.
I hope you're hanging in there and not suffering too much discomfort these days.
Wishing you all the best in 2020!
:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
@Mersada

Hi @Layla ,
Once again, thank you for thinking of me. I'm hanging in there...not too bad as long as I don't walk to far.
Hanging at home with the pups tonight. I was invited over to my sister's house but, I chose to just kick back with the pups and watch the ball drop on tv.

Wishing you and all the bone smarties a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back