THR Super Custom Aftermarket Hip

FCBayern

Staff member since December 29, 2020
BoneSmart Staff
Country
Honduras Honduras
Thought I had more time to get ready for my hip replacement as I was scheduled for January 8th, but I got a call that they had a cancellation so next Monday the 2nd is the day. All in all I'm pretty happy about it, the pain has been getting really debilitating. My surgeon stated that my groin pain would be gone when I wake after surgery, yes please!

Great that you're excited. Good luck with your journey. I will look for you on the other side; recovery thread. Here's to smooth sailing!!

Congratulations on your new surgery date - and thank you for letting us know.

:wave:Hi, longtime Bonesmartie and welcome to the hip side!

Congratulations on getting an earlier surgery date and will go into the year on your way back to healthy and hip pain free!:egypdance:

Congratulations on getting an earlier date and an earlier start on recovery. It will feel so good to get rid of the pain. A great start to 2020.

A little over 12 hours to go, see you all on the other side. :dubious:

See you on the other side!

Here is a copy of the post op reading to help you prepare.

Here are the Hip Recovery Guidelines, the articles are short and will not take long to read.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access these pages on the website

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

Just dropping by to say Hi and wish you comfort as you await surgery tomorrow.
I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing night.

Bye bye hip pain!:egypdance:

Hello :wave:
I hope you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed.
Ask for ice if they're not providing it. It helps ease pain and swelling. :ice:
I look forward to following your healing journey on the Recovery side. Hope to hear from you soon. :)
@FCBayern

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks