TKR Suggestions needed for “tight band” feeling

@Mamie: Got your message but am answering your question in the forum, which if I understand correctly, is where Bonesmart wants us to communicate with each other!

I got my knee sleeve from a place called CompressionStockings.com, which is also its web address. Phone is 877-393-4848. The brand is CEP. I wear a CEP unisex 20-30 mmHg Compression Knee Sleeve with Silicone band. (I have NO idea what 20-30 mmHg means; the sports massage therapist I went to told me to order that). You will need to measure several spots on your leg (the calf, for one) to determine the correct size. I am in a size 5 but you may be in a completely different size. I recommend that you run this by your doctor or physical therapist FIRST tho. By the way, the customer service at that company is outstanding!

All I can tell you is that I wear it about 15 hours/day and it enables me to move about with not too much pain or tightness. Hope it will help you, too!

Good luck!

@Mamie: oops, should have added that I looked on the site, too, and didn’t see it. I usually call and order mine...that’s what I’d recommend doing! I just ordered another one about a month ago...Hope it’s still in stock. If not, maybe they can recommend something similar.

Hope it will relieve your pain and that you will start to notice improvement and healing! I’m at 13 months and still having tightness and pain.

Oh Stiff Knee NC, I am so sad and sorry that you are still having pain at 13 months. It's bad enough to go through this surgery but an insult to deal with pain for that long. Boy, I sure should not complain at 7-8 weeks, when you are dealing with it at 13 months.:sad: You will certainly be in my prayers.

Mamie

Hello again Stiff Knee NC, I am back on the site for the compression tube and it is asking for a ski#. By chance do you still have the packaging where the sku number would be?

Thank you!

Hey Stiff Knee NC!

I was looking around on that site and found the CEP brand sleeves on a Last Chance closeout sale. Here is the link. I hope it is the one you spoke about.

Mamie

@Mamie: thanks for your kind words and prayers... I can use both!

I DO have the packaging from the one I ordered about a month ago! You might want to call because there are ALL kinds of numbers. Under the barcode on the side of the package is: 4 061736497188. Above that barcode is: EO13930/07.2018. Then there’s ANOTHER barcode on the top of the box: 4 051526 842977. Underneath that is: 10022 CO142 2020-07-30. And then there’s this: WO11V65. It says on the box: CEP (the brand), unisex knee sleeve, Ortho, and color and size. The knee sleeve I use is made in Germany. The materials are 47 % polyamide, 35 % polyester and 18% spandex.

It’s pretty bewildering! Again, the customer service is excellent and they can probably make sense of all those numbers!

Good luck! Let me know if I can help in any other way....

OMG!! Well, I did call and one person asked me what the UPC was? I looked again at where I thought they were and the form asked me too. So, I called back but left a message as no one answered. I sure did not mean for you to go to all that trouble but I sincerely thank you. Did you go to the link I sent you? Are the ones on sale, correct? I hope they call me back Saturday.

Thank you so much again.
Mamie

@Mamie: I’ve got family coming over in just a few minutes so this has to be brief! Try cepcompression.com. That’s going directly to the company (CEP). Just match up the number (11V66). Hope that works!

PMs are normally for a more personal, chit chat type communication. Something that can help others would be better in the threads so others besides the 2 can benefit from the comments.

@Mamie: just wondering how you’re doing and if you were able to get a compression sleeve! Hope you’re feeling better!

@Rockgirl4: it’s been a long time since we corresponded. I hope you are doing a LOT better! I really appreciate your past feedback and comments. I STILL have terrible tightness and pain... Rereading one of your early responses, it sounds like you had a revision...am I right? I’m NOT saying that I will need one (or have been told I need one!) but am wondering if you were told that they “rarely” work (like I’ve been told) and was wondering how the recuperation from it differed from the first surgery (as I recall the PT was a lot gentler). Tks in advance for any info!

If you have a good and experienced revision surgeon you have a good chance for things to improve. Granted the "success" statistics may not be quite as high as with a primary surgery, but still very good. I'm not sure who is telling you they "rarely" work, but we have many BoneSmarties who have the revision and go on to do just fine. You can read about members' revision stories by going to the knee recovery forum index page and click on a prefix for a knee revision. That will bring up a list of revision threads for you to read.

@Starsfan22: just checking in...it’s been a long time! How are you and your knee doing? Is there anything you did or have done that’s made a difference in how your knee feels? I still have tightness and pain all day except when sitting. Still icing and elevating, too. Almost at 14 mos....

@Jamie: thanks, Jamie. It’s been a difficult month. Same old tightness and pain. Stopped exercising and just call my “errand running” all the movement I need. (will worry about blood sugar/cholesterol when I can exercise again!). Icing, elevating, etc. Take 2 ibuprofen at night to help w/pain. Am getting blood work to see if there are any metal allergies/sensitivity. It may be a ridiculous thing to do but I’ve got to rule out some things. Big appointment Oct. 21...so getting paperwork/medical info together.

@Jamie: I was also told that nerve blocks don’t work very often either. This info and comments regarding revisions were conveyed to me by a medical professional at my internist’s who consulted with an orthopedic surgeon with more than 20 years of experience. This is what my surgeon is suggesting as a next step for me. Do you have any anecdotal info on nerve blocks? Tks in advance...

Can we please be clear on what type of nerve block we are discussing, because they seem to have changed over recent years.
On my first tkr, 10 years ago, my nerve block was by a drip which was inserted in my hip, it was in there for about 2 days, and did a pretty reasonable job.
On my second, a year ago, it was by direct injection of long lasting pain killers into the joint during the last moments of surgery. This seemed to last for about 3 days, even more effective than the first.
There may be other approaches, but we need to be clear we are talking about the same technique.
For what it's worth, I was very happy with both techniques.

@Tykey: sorry, I should have been clear. It’s a genicular nerve block with ultrasound. It is done at my doctor’s office (definitely post surgery) to see if it will help with pain. I believe they inject some kind of numbing medicine into the 3 main nerves (located by ultrasound). It can last from a few hours to a few days. IF it works, they then do a nerve ablation, which again uses ultrasound and they cauterize those same 3 or 4 nerves. This procedure can last up to a year. These procedures sound different from what you describe!

Glad you clarified "nerve block." What you're describing is a treatment that does have limited success. The injection is done near the offending nerve and not directly into it. Some people do obtain relief but nerves make new pathways and the benefits eventually wear off. You could certainly give it a try as there are few risks involved with the procedure.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts