Stiff knee NC
Insider
- Joined
- Nov 9, 2019
- Messages
- 316
- Age
- 69
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
United States
United States
United States
United States
United States
This will give your knee all the exercise you need. Try to put your feet up any time you are home and sitting down resting.I’m pretty much out and abt for 2 hrs or so per day, running errands (this is a tough time of yr to be resting!).
Let’s ask @Jamie about that.@Jockette: do you think ANY tests (MRI, Cat scan, etc) would be helpful?
United States
United States
I know!This may be the longest yr of my life!

This is exercise. This is what normal life and using your knee is all about. You don't need to add anything to these things. Using your knee normally is why we have this surgery.I’m pretty much out and abt for 2 hrs or so per day, running errands (this is a tough time of yr to be resting!).
United States
----but it's all part of the normal recovery process. I was lucky in a way----my previous history just about guaranteed a 12-18 month TKR recovery (and I'm only 6 months along!), so I know I have a ways to go. I was one of the EXTRA lucky ones because my surgeon was very forthcoming about how long this recovery could take.
I'm stuck at 110 most days after riding my bike for 5 minutes. I'm 6 months post-op and usually only have 104-105 degrees at wake-up on a good day---all because I STILL have loads of tightness/inflammation. Take it from one who DOES make adhesions easily though and has dealt with Arthrofibrosis in the past
.....Stiffness/Tightness from swelling feels much different than true adhesions.
This time around, I had a new surgeon for my TKR. He was super strict with me how I rehabbed. My previous knee surgeries had aggressive rehabs and kept the knee chronically inflamed. I made loads of adhesions in 2016 because of that, needing a scar tissue removal surgery AND an MUA. I did more aggressive rehab after those procedures and made MORE adhesions.
So this time around, my rehab was much gentler and more subdued.



