THR Subluxation<<

Hello Robert, your description is very accurate, the first was not held in with screws but it was at the wrong angle and was put in that way because they did not have one large enough. The second was put in with screws but only because it was 40 days after the first, but was put in with the right angle and now is soooo much better, let me know if you need any other information, sorry it took awhile I stopped checking this everyday....

Hello :hi: @roo28
and @RobertHip1 :wave:

Is great to see you two communicating and helping one another. The ability to do so is what makes BoneSmart great.

In an effort to make sure your posts aren't missed, or overlooked, may I suggest you tag the member you are responding to by placing the (@) symbol right before their name, without a space in between, as I've done at the top of this post with your names. It will alert the member next time they log on.

Wishing you comfort, RobertHip1 as you await your date next Wednesday and wishing you all the best, roo28, as you continue on your healing journey. Have a great rest of the week! :)

Thanks for getting back to me and all the best with your recovery.

New question ... first I am doing so much better times when I forget the new hip.... Can you get a tattoo after THR and if so, should I look at antibiotics prophylactic?

Hello,
It's good to hear you're doing well. Thanks for sharing.

As far as tatoos, I recommend you check with your surgeon on that. I'm sure at some point it would be allowed given the salon was reputable with a clean sterile environment and equipment. It's really best you call the office of your OS though and let them advise.

Hope this helps. Have a good one!
@roo28

@roo28 , hi too I did permanent makeup here in ca, and I would require a letter of release from your surgeon if it was me. So definitely contact him. Depending on what state you are in the requirements are different.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
Have a nice holiday weekend :)
@roo28

5 months now on the hip, getting so much better, Dr. said yesterday I need my left knee replaced... shots for a few month to give the hip a bit more time, but then more rehab

Dr. gave me the ok for tattoo, had it done yesterday. I had my teeth cleaned two days earlier so I had antibiotics then, he was not concerned with tattoo said there is no real good studies to support one way or the other

Good Morning @roo28
Thanks for sharing your progress. Good to read you're doing well, have clean teeth and are sporting some fresh ink on your person. :heehee: :wink:
Continued healing and hopefully we'll see you on the Knee side when the time comes. Wishing you comfort until then.
A beautiful Autumn to you!

:wave: great to see you here.
Nice to hear that your hip is doing well but I'm sure now that it is doing well, you aren't exactly excited about the knee surgery.

Even though I am over 2 years out from hip replacement...and mostly don't even think about my hip replacements...I recently injured my foot and it impressed on me how all our walking parts are affected when one part is askew.
Hope you get all straightened out soon so you can be back to life.
Have a good week @roo28

I am still having trouble running on the hip after one year my hip flexor is still very tight

Not unusual @roo28 . You probably have not been able to run for quite awhile. Start very slowly and only very short distances and build up very gradually. We have several members who returned to running post THR. Just takes time and patience.

thank you .... the overall stiffness in my hip flexor is more bothersome than the running part.... I was hoping to have it all back before the knee gets done... it is scheduled for the 23rd of this month

Hello and Happy Friday!
So is it a TKR you’re scheduled for on April 23rd?
Surprised it hasn’t been cancelled yet. Please stay In touch and let us know if it remains scheduled and we’ll add it to your signature.
Stay safe and well! :)
@roo28

Just got canceled yesterday.... I was hoping to have it done... good time to be laid up... but I understand too

Hello...
I’m sorry your surgery was cancelled. I hope it won’t be too long of a haul for you.
Wishing you comfort and a big dose of patience as you wait it out.
Stay in touch and let us know when you get it rescheduled so we can follow your journey and support you along the way.
@roo28

Awww @roo28 :console2:
Sorry for the wait but I know I was anxious enough without the extra worries...
Keep the faith....

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
August it is
Recent bookmarks
Back