TKR Struggling to Bend

Yes I agree I think I'm going to talk to them tomorrow about cutting down to 2 times a week.

I do feel better after PT don't get me wrong. I feel loosen up and stronger I just dread when they want to measure how far I can bend. I get anxiety about it and I think tense up worse.
Hi…. This was me two months ago. I was so anxious with all the talk from therapists about where my ROM should be. I was given good advice on this forum and so I’m going to give it to you. - Trust your instincts- if it hurts don’t do it. It will all come right. Believe me….. I was wracked with anxiety. Don’t stress…. Let your knee heal in it’s own time.

I went to PT today and I got 97 degree bend by myself no pushing on me. The tightness in the knee is getting better and it's feeling stronger everyday. I even went grocery shopping walking with my cane. I'm not too sore feeling pretty good.

I went to PT today and I'm so happy with my progress. I got 100 degree bend. Monday was 97 and today 100 yes!!! I got on a bike machine and was almost able to go all the way around. I'm able to go from sitting to standing with using my surgery leg with little to no pain. I was able to lift myself up stairs with little to no pain. The swelling is very minimal. I'm excited

I'm still buckling a little but able to catch myself. I'm gonna work on building up my quad muscles to help with that.

Last edited:
great news on the improvements! :happydance:

Go gently on working on the quad muscles, you are still early in recovery.

I went to PT today and I'm so happy with my progress. I got 100 degree bend. Monday was 97 and today 100 yes!!! I got on a bike machine and was almost able to go all the way around. I'm able to go from sitting to standing with using my surgery leg with little to no pain. I was able to lift myself up stairs with little to no pain. The swelling is very minimal. I'm excited
Congratulations! Just be careful not to push too hard. I was feeling great and walked 20 minutes in my yard a few evenings ago, after doing PT. Boy did I pay for it that night with severe pain.
Slow and steady! (I need to heed my own advice :) )

Thank you I will go slow. Usually after PT that's all the energy I have for the day. I'm gonna do some housework tomorrow to get my exercises.

I'm gonna try and drive tomorrow. Start slow in a parking lot see how I feel. I'm excited about it I'm really starting to feel bad to normal and the blues are going away. My next goal is to walk without the cane.

Here's what my knee looks like today. I'm really happy with the way the scar is turning out.

Attachments

• 20210901_180445.jpg
    20210901_180445.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 96
Looking good! :thumb:

I used my cane for months, I just felt better with it. My balance took a long time to come back.

I will walk around my apartment without it but when I go out I like to have it.

That’s what I did.

I went grocery shopping Monday and walked the whole store. I was a little sore when I got home but I enjoyed just grocery shopping lol.

I found it easier to walk in a grocery store, the floor is very flat and smooth, and I had a shopping cart which made a great incognito walker! :heehee:

Hi , can anyone advise the criteria required to get back driving again after TLKR ? Does you knee have to bend past 90 degrees to do this ? I'm 4 weeks and 3 days since my op ?

You have to be able to lift you leg and have strength back. I'm 5 weeks right knee. I'm going to try in the parking lot first see if my leg can do it.

Its been awhile since I've posted anything but I'm at a 110 bend goal is 120 and a 1 straighten. I have had to go back to work and today was my first day back. Muscles are tight and sore but over all feeling pretty good. The knee pain is actually gone. That bone on bone pain is gone!! Before I would come home from work and feel like my knee will spilt into two. Once my muscles are tighter will be great!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom