THR Strange pain

When can I go swimming at the beach ? 6 weeks post op THR.

@Brandon recommend you clear that with your surgical team. Better safe than sorry.

So concerning news , I’m 6 weeks out THR as you know we got a little rear end bump in the car in the parking lot . Jolted my leg a little will that hurt anything.

Hi @Brandon
The way you describe "little bump" and "little jolt" makes me think not.
I'm sure it was a nerve wracking experience, though.
:flabber:
I remember thinking about getting into a wreck when I began driving after my surgery.
I was very cautious....took a while to get my confidence back.
No messing up my new hips
:no-fin:

Sorry to read about your mishap, Brandon, and I understand your concern. I’d feel a little anxious too. Hopefully with the passing of a little more time, this will be just a blip on the screen. If the pain is unrelenting, or escalating, touch base with your surgeons office, otherwise lots of rest and ice should do the trick.
Wishing you a good week and speedy relief! :)
@Brandon

Ok I seen my surgeon for my 6 week check today , He said everything looks perfect ! But freaked me out in the next phrase . There is a medium blood clot under my incision he said it’s nothing to worry about he’s sending me phyiso for stretches and electricity. He said it can’t get to my brain or lungs ??? Aren t blood clots really bad and deadly ?

@Brandon Clots that are within a vein or an artery are very serious and dangerous. They can break into smaller pieces and move through the vein or artery to other parts of your body. However, clots like what you describe will not move to another part of your body as they are just stuck in muscle. Since your surgeon has seen this and is not worried about it I think you can relax. Usually these kinds of clots just get reabsorbed over time and work themselves out.

Thanks for your reply it’s hard to get answers online everything is about dvt or along those lines.

Deb is right. A hematoma where yours is located just under the incision means that some blood leaked into the tissues there and formed a clot as blood does when it sits in one place. This happens sometimes following surgery and it's usually not a problem provided it isn't large. Yours isn't and the body should eventually absorb and remove it. It can take some time, though, so be prepared that it may hang around a while. But it definitely isn't something that could make it's way to other parts of your body and shouldn't impact your recovery at all.

I was worried about it after reading because my calf is sore but I’m not sure if that still could because I’m 6 weeks and one day out of surgery. They say calf pain means clots that are more serious I’m more confused than ever now but the surgeon didn’t seem concerned about the one by my incision.

Please call and ask for clarification then, so you’re able to settle this in your mind. I’m sure if you expressed your concerns, a member of your surgeons care team will offer reassurance, putting your mind at ease. Just do it…there’s nothing like peace of mind.
Wishing you a happy weekend!
@Brandon

Hi @Brandon So sorry you are worried and I agree that if it’s weighing heavily on your mind, maybe put a call into your surgeon’s office.
For what it’s worth my calf and ankle were super sore for weeks after my right THR.
From what I was taught about DVT’s, they present with redness over the area and are very tender to the touch with a feverish feel to it.
Don’t hesitate to have it looked at if you are really concerned. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

Currently walking 5.5km a day unaided but still fighting to break up that superficial blood clot still a little tender but better.

Good news! Keep up what you’re doing and stay in touch. Less than a week and you’ll be two months post op already. Time flies when we’re having fun, lol Don’t know that early recovery is fun, but it’s a gateway to a brighter future without the pain. Enjoy the week! :SUNsmile:
@Brandon

Guys I took a little stumble pushing a shopping cart that was full I was pushing it across a parking lot and my son jumped on the front and it it a crack and almost flipped but lurching forward my new hip side took the motion and weight, Now there is pain under my belly and outside of the hip and lower back. It it possible the cup or implant moved out of position ?

I am sorry to hear of your mishap and resulting pain. Hopefully you’re icing all areas that are causing pain or discomfort. From my understanding a dislocation is excruciatingly painful. Enough so that it necessitates and ambulance ride to the emergency room. Unless you’re in extreme pain and feel you need to visit the ER, consider icing along with OTC pain relievers and see how you feel in the morning. I’ll leave an article on Dislocation from the BoneSmart Library.

I wish you comfort. Hopefully sleep and rest help and your pain eases soon.
@Brandon

Hello Brandon,
Wondering how you’re doing this morning? Hopefully feeling a little better…
Let us know, we do care.
@Brandon

I’m ok just a little numb where that external blood clot is.

How long did your surgeon say the external clot may take to dissipate when you saw him on August 10th, Brandon? Glad you’re feeling okay.
Have a nice weekend!
@Brandon

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023