Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well, I let them dry and then took a butter knife to them. A lot came off, but that's as far as I've gotten. That's when I started getting tired and quit trying. I will post a picture when I get them as clean as they will get!

Lots to catch up on with you: broken foot, meeting Bonnie, training for a half (not surprised at this). Also saw that you were stoned and in the joint. :heehee: Only you!

And you wear Hokas! Woot.

Well, @PooShay,

I am no longer "stoned", but I am still in the joint climbing the walls! That stone had completely blocked off my right ureter leading to a backup of urine and somehow e-coli to build up in my kidneys. They blasted the stone and put a stent in to keep the ureter open. I almost waited too long to get to the hospital due to my "stubbornness"! They were afraid that I was sepsis when I came in Wednesday. I had a 103 fever and my white count was through the roof!

Through all of this, not once did I worry about my knees! Strange huh?

Hi Sonja, just looking in to make sure you're still causing trouble! Photo of you in the mud sums it up I think! :)

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

@Janet2012 ,

You know me. I am always finding a way to cause trouble! Now the mud, I will swear I slipped and fell, but you caught me! I was just posing for when I decide to run a "mudders" 5K! They climb over things, run through the mud etc. so when you feel like joining me let me know and we will do one together!:rotfl:

OK, the doctor hasn't arrived yet, but promises today is the day I go home! I am so excited! I am already power walking in the halls, and first floor, but I am ready to start training again! It is time!:)

I feel great, and I am so thankful that the doctors and nurses worked so quickly to keep me from going into sepsis!:happydance:

Glad your "stubbornness" didn't keep you from going to the dr. Sepsis is nothing to play with. :no-fin:
Hope you are home now and well on the road to recovery!!

In other news; the Odessa American will be doing a story on me about my weight loss with Mission Fitness. I will also bring up the knee replacements and long journey. Then BoneSmart will get a part because without all of the support from everyone, I wouldn't be where I am today. If you want to see the article, I will post the link as soon as I get it!

Here is the before picture that will be used! None of you have ever seen it!
image.jpg

Oh my goodness, Sonja! You certainly are a new woman!
Well done!

What a transformation, Sonja. It's an amazing story for sure. You should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Just saw that you are in hospital @RestAssured...so glad that you got to the hospital in time & that you are indeed on the mend....life isn't dull is it

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Sorry ...pushed too soon.! Take time to recover before you push too hard! Wow...you are a new woman and truly an inspiration to those of us on the weight loss journey....fabulous!! Hoping you are gully recovered soon...Chrissie x

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@RestAssured
I was so sad hearing you were in the hospital :console2:I am glad you got the care you needed.
I can't wait to read the article about you. You are so inspirational. A role- model for us all.
We here at Bonesmart are happy you let us travel with you on your journeys :friends:
We Love you, Go, Sonja,Go.....:happydance:
Diana :loveshwr:

It has been, and continues to be quite a journey!:happydance:

I am so much happier than I ever was in that picture. Someone asked me where I thought I would be if I hadn't done anything to change.

Answer:
A. Bedridden
B. Wheelchair
C. Deceased

Any of those were real possibilities!

Now it is my turn to help others WHEN they are ready! They can't do it for their families; nor anyone but themselves if they want long lasting success.

I am educating people that just because you see a person who weighs 350+, doesn't mean your belittling them will give them that "Wow, I need to lose weight."

Issues have to be dealt with, and each person has to come to the the conclusion that they are valuable and worthwhile no matter what they weigh. Once they have started believing that, the rest is a lot easier!

One thing I tell people that I meet, is to put a sign up that they see first thing in the morning, and last thing at night, saying I AM WORTH IT!

Everyone has their issues; some just think burying them will make them go away! I should know; I buried mine for 22 years!

To everyone on a fitness journey; it doesn't matter if you have 5 pounds or 250 pounds to lose.
Maybe your goal is to make a bucket list and start checking each item off. It doesn't have to be a set of huge goals.
My hope and prayers for you are that you are doing this because YOU want to get better first! It comes from deep inside of you, and the tiny spark can motivate more than you ever imagined!

I will post the article as soon as it is published! I wish everyone success in their journey no matter what their goal is!:loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom