Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Tomorrow, I head for Dallas! Time to get rid of my boot and into my shoe so we can start marathon training! I can't wait!:happydance:

Ok, here is my update on my foot....

I walked in with the walking boot and the Dr. had me get x-rays. Well, I found out that the doctor thought that I would be in a lot of pain walking on it in the boot and that when I came to see them yesterday they would be scheduling me for surgery! I was walking swiftly through the hall when I saw the PA and so I went stride for stride with him down the hallway, talking and laughing!

When it was my time to see the doctor they did x-rays and then the doctor came in to see me. His face registered astonishment He looked at me and said, We fully expected to do surgery on your foot because of the severity of the break, and the location of the break! :shrug:

Then he said "we don't have any explanation, but in two weeks, you have had bone growth that has sealed the fracture!" We have never seen that before! I put it simply. "My friends and I prayed for healing, and the greatest physician of them all; God, healed my foot!" He agreed.:yes!:

Next, I asked him how soon I could start marathon training! He said, as long as you don't have pain, you can start now. If pain or swelling starts, stop, get back in the boot and get back to Dallas! He then added, I am releasing you, so it is your choice to come back or not!:happydance:

One side effect from wearing that boot all this time has been the strain it has put on my knee. My knee has been complaining a little since yesterday, but I am sure it will soon be great again!:happydance:

I'm glad your foot healed so well. What a blessing!

take care of yourself and don't overdo the training!

Can you remind us again of the date of the half-marathon?

Can you remind us again of the date of the half-marathon?

January 18th, 2015

I am so excited!:happydance:

Monday, I will start with a group in a couch to 5K walking/running 9 week program! It is at 6:00 pm and Abby will lead it. I asked her if we would do 3.1 miles Monday night, and she said, " No! Read your emails." Still haven't read it, so either I will be surprised or bored! LOL:heehee:

Couch to 5k....sounds like fun stuff! My daughter ran 8k on Friday and barely broke a sweat...oh to be almost 10 yrs old again! :rotfl: (OK they did stop once to pick some blueberries..lol)!

@RestAssured I am very inspired reading about your journey with your knees and weight loss. I was on the forum a lot in January of this year and then dropped off when I decided to postone my surgery. I am back now as I wait for a surgery date and was excited to read about your progress and that you are going to be training for a half-marathon. Great job!

@Minnie's knees ,

Thank you so much for the compliments!:) I am so glad that you decided to come back and join us again! :happydance:

We will be here for you when you get your knees replaced!:loveshwr:

Hello.....

Today was my FIRST official day training for the 1/2 marathon!:scare: Too say I am sore would be an understatement!:rotfl:

I was even silly enough to sign up for a couch to 5K "thinking" it would help me! Well, it helped make me more sore and I am sitting in my recliner chair w 2 dogs on top of me contemplating how I can move gingerly enough to get to the bathroom, and take a soothing warm bath!:wink:

If you don't hear from me again, call 1-800-Abby and tell her your concerns!:wave:

Poor Sonja! It seems you're once again a member of the ODIC! :console2:

Please take care!

@Celle,

You know I just have to shake the rust off this week because of being confined to a boot! Tomorrow, I have Abby and more marathon training at 8:30 am followed by her suggestion to get back into yoga! The yoga class is 1 1/2 hours long, but it is supposed to be relaxing.:shrug:.... Will report tomorrow night! I hope @RunA42K is doing well... I miss my buddy!:console2:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the yoga is relaxing will you fall asleep? A good hours nap, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :sleep:

Well,

I survived day two of marathon training with the report that I was a little grouchy!:rotfl: Yep, most of my body was protesting getting up early and working out, and the "speaking part" or the mouth as it is referred to,h:heehee:
Kept telling Abby that I WAS NOT going to an hour and a half yoga class. Well, the mouth lost, Abby won, and I must say I am a lot less sore than yesterday. This is restorative yoga, which helps the muscles and joints! I am so used to coming out of yoga as tired as I am when I have worked out. This was actually pleasant!:happydance:

@Celle,

You know I just have to shake the rust off this week because of being confined to a boot! Tomorrow, I have Abby and more marathon training at 8:30 am followed by her suggestion to get back into yoga! The yoga class is 1 1/2 hours long, but it is supposed to be relaxing.:shrug:.... Will report tomorrow night! I hope @RunA42K is doing well... I miss my buddy!:console2:
I'll post on my thread...

Well,

I went into fever and shaking last night and most of today! I DID NOT train!:dead: I know that will shock some of you, and I doubt I workout tomorrow either! My sinuses are killing me!:swoon:

I truly hope I start feeling better tomorrow!:sick:

Rest up, Sonja, and take care of yourself.

Fever and shaking can often mean a serious infection, so go to the doctor if you don't feel better soon.

@RestAssured
Dear Sonja,
I do hope you feel better :console2:We have all kinds of bugs going on around here.
People out of work, kids out of school.
It is so strange this time of year. Please go to your G.P & get checked if you don't feel
Better. Sometimes a z-pack will do the trick ( anti-biotics for 3 days )
Praying you feel better,
Thinking of you :friends:
Diana :loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Axx72
    Staff member since December 27, 2023
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads