Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Sonja so glad you are getting around better with all you have gone through. Your positive attitude has really worked well for you and I am sure it is not easy staying positive. Best of Luck for you in continuing your recovery.:ok:

So good to hear from you Sonja! I was hoping that you were on the mend, just sorry to hear how hard it has been. You are so determined to get well which makes such a difference in recovery. Wishing you all the best for continued improvement within the confines of MS!

Stay in touch and know prayers and good thoughts abound from your cyber family!

Dawn

A tough mountain to climb, Sonja! But I'm glad you're on the other side. Keep fighting!
Don't worry! I did get down and (even a bit depressed) for a short while! But God sees me through whatever I face so as long as I remember "As long as God is my Pilot, Life's a Dance!" :happydance:

I must say I have a fabulous Physical Therapist named Laura, and her intern who will get her doctorate in May. They both know their stuff and are both as spunky as I am! LOL. It makes PT so much more pleasant! Abby asked when I was coming back and I said I am leaving it up to Laura!

Abby said we could continue and I said nope, I am doing it right this time!:loveshwr:

It will be another 6-8 weeks of physical therapy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and at Speech therapy today, Kristina was helping me with task orders. Shopping lists, writing out directions before I use my GPS etc. At the end she handed me a simple crossword puzzle and asked me 1. What is bottom of your leg called? I quickly said tibia, then fibula. She said no, easy 4 letters; and pointed to her leg. The answer, of course was calf! My brain is working overtime in some areas causing problems with remembering. Frustrating! It will get better though.:rotfl::heehee::heehee:

At the end she handed me a simple crossword puzzle and asked me 1. What is bottom of your leg called? I quickly said tibia, then fibula. She said no, easy 4 letters; and pointed to her leg. The answer, of course was calf!
Oh, Sonja, I would have failed that, because I would have said "foot". LOL :heehee:

sonja, great to hear about your healing. You have been through a lot and still keep on moving!! good work!

I don't know, Sonja.....I think your mind was just in BoneSmart mode and that's why you thought of the bones first when asked that question. At any rate, it's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Good for you for fighting your way back from this MS attack. You definitely have the will and determination to succeed.

Sonja, here is an article I saw today about a clinical trial on MS treatment that I thought might interest you.

They had an item on our evening news in NZ about the stem cell therapy for MS, and showed a man who was able to walk again.

Let me say this in the hopes of sparing others some of the chronc health conditions that have hit me like a rock in the last 5 years...

1. Learn your families history! Mine is riddled with osteoarthritis, and Cancer. We are also Norweigan which puts me at a higher risk for MS, the Northern Scandinavian countries supposedly; that point is still up for debate.

2. I have osteoarthritis all over my body. Thought I had broken my elbow, and and it turned out to be osteo and bone spurs. Two knees with bone spurs and osteo, and of course replacements. An ankle that the drs describe as "wonky" because it caves in, and I have degenerative arthritis in it. Broke right foot twice was told I have osteo in it, the left foot has a huge amount of osteo building on the top trapping a big bone spur underneath. The point of it is so big it is jamming down down towards towards the bottom of the foot.

3. I have been so blessed to have precancerous polyps found before they turned into Cancer. The point is though, my doctors knew my medical history and were proactive.

4. I found out in 1999 that I had MS. I have been living my life to the fullest just being careful to stay out of heat, take lukewarm showers, and stay out of saunas and therapy pools! Well, that was a great plan until 3 1/2 months ago, when I found myself without the use of my legs! Believe me, I have fought my way back again and I am doing well. :happydance:

5. Atrial fib also has a long family history on my Dad's side! We have so many people on my Dad's side that have.

The way I look at each obstacle is I can either let it consume me or I can keep a positive attitude and fight through each obstacle as it comes! "I refuse to give in!":yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the definition of persistence! Thank you for sharing in hopes of helping others! You are a true blessing Sonja! Dawn

Good for you for getting those preventative colon checkups.

I'm glad things are looking up again, Sonja. Is your heart behaving again, too?

I'm glad things are looking up again, Sonja. Is your heart behaving again, too?
Sadly, no. It has decided that I don't have enough excitement in my life so the heart is going in and out of A fib. It decided to go in when I was with my PT and her student; I think just to let Steph have the experience of having a client in A fib.:rotfl:

Anyway, I will see Dr. Z on Wednesday to try to get ornery heart back under control!:happydance::loveshwr:

Great advice to check family history, helps to keep ahead of things.
Hope Dr Z get your A fib under control, and you can get back to exercising, moderately please.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Casey500
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom