Stop these weather fronts. They're killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

alpha
Country
United States United States
Patti, It's heading towards you...Lots of wind.

I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my old knee and ice on the new knee.
Had to take a pain pill and decided to give celebrex a try again.
After the loud pop I had last Saturday, I've been doing the elevating and icing thing. It felt better.
Now I think I've managed to irritate the old knee by it picking up the slack for the past couple of months.

And then this latest front just added to it all.

Skeet, where are you???

We're getting "big" wind.....cloudy....knees'a'frobbin....can't believe I don't have a migraine! (Thank you Jesus).

Popapill and fuggetaboutit

I'm sitting here at my desk, predicting it will hit baltimore sometime after 5pm.
The more the pressure drops the more my knee screams at me to go home!
But my brain tells me it would hurt at home too....
If I ever lose this job I could get a job at any local TV station! I am better than any meteorologist out there!
I lived in Buffalo NY for yrs and people used to go on how the cold must have irritated my knee. What they didn't get was that it wasn't the cold...it's weather changes.
Heck, rolling around in a pile of snow would feel pretty great right now!

Faith

I've never seen a pile of show but I'd jump right in one right now.
I still find it amazing how the weather impacts these metal monsters.

Just imagine nature icing your knee every time you leave the house. It was one of the few perks of living in the land of ice and snow.
Since moving to Baltimore, I've learned to live with 10 minute weather changes.
You know, reading these threads has me wondering.... I am only at 90 degrees ROM at 5 weeks. Should I be worried? Seems like most people are way ahead of me.
I was hit by a car at 26 yrs old. I've had 9 surgeries over the last 22 yrs, and now finally TKR, I guess I was expecting more...
It's not that I didn't know it was going to be hard work. I've been dealing with this too long for that, it's just I seem to have hit a plateau.

I guess the first question is . Is your Dr. happy with your ROM?
We all progress at a different pace. If you are giving it your best then you are where you are supposed to be.
Do you still have lots of swelling? Mine comes and goes but I am still way swollen compared to my other knee.
I'll be at 9 weeks tomorrow. There are good days and bad days. Just keep your shoulder to the wheel and work it.
Also, this was my 9th surgery as well.

We've been promised snow over the weekend - so much for Easter!! And I have agreed to work on Wednesday! For now I need to get out to the shops tomorrow and stock up the larder so I can hide out for the weekend.

Ooooohhh!! I HATE SNOW!!!!

Faith have faith. Sorry I couldn't resist that one, but you are about the stage that was hardest for me. As Doug said, if you are doing your best and working 'to improve' that is all you can do. This TKR recovery isn't a smooth process, you may make a big jump at any time, or it may take awhile. Just hang in and hang on, keep trying and keep praying and good things will come.

We're going to have to put a search team out for Skeet.
Surely she wouldn't let a little work interfere with checking in with us...I mean we have to have priorities..

Faith, Nothing is normal in all this and we all have different outcomes. What's important is you find a point that you are happy with. You are VERY early in the process. Keep icing, exercising and everything else you have to do and don't stop.

I am at almost 6 months and I'm still working it at every opportunity I get during the day. It's a long process and you will do just fine as long as you continue to put in the effort even when it seems you've hit a plateau. To me, it's like a diet. You do real well and then come to a complete screeching hault, or so it seems. Hang in there and you'll get past that plateau. Karen

Uh Huh, my three day old diet just came to a screeching halt with this Peanut butter cup. And of course since I fell off the wagon I might indulge in a second. Tomorrow is another day!!
Oh, and Easter is this Sunday. My wife still makes baskets for everyone. It's funny to watch my 14yr old son try and be "cool" but really enjoy what the Easter bunny brought. As for me, candy, candy, chocolate rabbit.

My 24 year old daughter has been asking me if I was going to make her an Easter basket. It never ends, I'm afraid! She is crazy for seasonal candy, all 100 pounds of her! She makes me sick...... Restart the diet next week, after you've finished your easter basket candy, Doug.

Yep, I'm 55 and blessed by both of my parents still being alive. My mom called today to ask about my basket when we go down there in a couple of weeks. She will fix up the basket I used when I was a little kid.

So Doug! You get two Easter baskets! One from the wife and one from Mom! Somehow I just feel toooooooooo neglected here.

Yep, what a life I lead..We still sit down and decorate eggs...
One big thing with my family is that nobody is allowed to ever even suggest that there is no such thing as Santa Clause.
We can doubt the tooth fairy, Easter bunny,cupid etc., but don't even think Santa isn't real.

Be verrrrrrrrry quiet. She's hunting wabbits.

Oh nooooze!!
Not wabbits!

It's be kind to wabbits week.
Didn't y'all know?

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_animal_smiley_039_1.jpg

I was working hard, Doug. My day started at 6 am Tuesday and went until 10:30 pm, got home at 11, went to bed and got up at 4 am to be back by 5:30 am to run a worldwide virtual meeting at 6 am, then had meetings and such until late and got home around 5 pm. I fell into the bed and slept. Now I'm trying to catch up but need to get to bed as I start at 6 am tomorrow again. At least tomorrow and Friday I'll be working from homeso that helps a bunch. Glad you missed me. I missed you all a bunch. Every time I thought of you all I prayed for everyone. Hope you felt it! God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member