TKR still waiting to reach the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
knee update

dec 1 surgery date-- treadmill speed 3.0 for 20 minutes still holding on. using cane occasionally.still taking pain meds. good range. mentally better..:flwr:

Re: knee update

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you were doing. Glad it's a good report!

Good for you!
Don't overdo it. Take your pain meds.
I am way farther out than you, and when I overdo it and have alot of pain, the dark thoughts come creeping back. When I get rid of pain, my mood brightens considerably.
(Yeah, I still get pain, but no where near what I had pre-op, and I do crazy things to my knee, and yeah, I still have and make use of Percocet when I hurt)
Keep up the good work
Sandy

Re: my knee is cold

Possible and common. It happened to me but I'll be darned if I know why!

So glad to hear things are better!!! You really had a rough start. Here is to a new start on the new year !!!:dogkiss:

because we've iced to the "bone"

Mine too. I was just talking to hubby about that at dinner today. Since we live in the wonderful state of "Frozen Tundra" otherwise known as Wisconsin, it seems like everytime I go outside my right knee feels cold and almost achy.

I have to say that I never notice my knees feeling cold at all. I live in Montana and am outside most days. It must be an indicidual thing. Why not wear a neoprene sleeve on the knee--that should warm it up for you. Kelly

or maybe you could try using a heating pad from time to time as long as you are healed?

Knitted knee warmers work, too. ?I am more than 2 years out, and I still feel the cold aches in both knees when I am walking the dog in the winter. Especially the damp cold we get here in Massachusetts.

I do not notice anything about the cold with my knees; prior to my BTKR, I could tell you days in advance when the weather was going to change, but now, the weather and the cold do not bother me. You might try going to a cycling shop---they have knee warmers that are very slim and fit under cycling tights. They might help you out.

Tim C.

hello

getting better slowly, going to see the delicate genius surgeon on thursday armed with the list of horrors from his hospital of choice. Can anyone tell me what our range of motion will be at end of this? What is the best one can hope for? Tomorrow is six weeks and I am at about 110. Thanks all for everything. I will let you guys know what surgeon says about my horror hospital stay.

Re: hello

110 at 6 weeks is excellent! I think skigirl is at 150. That's when you can sit on your heels. Not many of us are anywhere close to that though, so it's definitely an individual recovery not to be compared to others. It takes up to one year to start feeling completely well and sometimes more depending on your situation. You can do most anything with your current ROM, so it will only get better in time.

I'm so sorry for all the horror you went through in the hospital (read your original post). Your OS will probably listen and sympathize, but encourage you to focus on recovery. I know I had some horrible memories and lots of trauma with my first TKR. Thank God, that's behind me. It was a lesson learned the hard way.

Glad you are doing so much better and on the road to recovery. Hope you have a good visit on Thursday.

I am a l;little bit under 130. On a good day, a little bit over 120. either way, it is great for what I do and what I want to do. I would say that you are doing great.

Tim C.

You're doing just GREAT for 6 weeks. Now it's time just to focus on your activity and not worry so much about a number. As long as you can do what you want, numbers mean nothing.

What types of activity are you looking forward to doing with your new knee???

We can only tell you what we have. No-one can tell you what you will have - only God! :th_heehee:

sisterslee---I think that I was around 110 at six weeks too---but actually, all of that is fuzzie in my head now. I am back to living my life and somehow all the surgical details, which were once so important in my life, are really just vague memories.

I also had a rather bad experience for my first tkr--but now, it is forgotton.

so, I agree with everyone else, focus on healing and recovering so that you can resume your life. Everything else is very unimportant in the scheme of things. Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom