Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

My husband did not believe me about the shoes---but they really hurt my feet. Plus I used to wear orthodics and now I wear cute little flats!!

Yay for you!

I'm not there yet! Still in athletic shoes!

Me, too. They're rockers, which I've worn for years.

I've been taking the slow boat too! :heehee:
New shoes from Santa sounds like a great idea. I think I'll put some on my list.

@Jamie can you change my thread heading to - "still struggling after a year"?

I was on this am, so I changed it for you. I like the ideas of Christmas shoes---maybe Red Shoes?

I usually get something I really like---a neat sweater mostly and wrap it up with really nice paper. When I open it, Bob says who got you that and I smile and say, "Santa".

spinner diva how are you now? OUr surgeries were pretty close together and I am still not good. Stiff, sore, cant do stairs. Unstable joint that I am trying to get stronger. I am anxious to hear how you are doing at this point? What things have helped you?

Apparently not---remember many of us are in a brain fog after surgery!!!

I'm really interested in the potential outcomes of MUA as I'm under threat of one. Do you have any good news for me?

@Pumpkln i am doing good actually. It's been 15 months since my TKR and honestly I just now feel like I'm making some progress. It's really warm here in Georgia so I've started walking around a track-I live near a middle school!finally no more swelling and relatively no pain unless I overdo it. Going down stairs is still a challenge but I'm hopeful! Although I'm not satisfied with my ROM, I have resumed life, doing what I can! Thanks so much for checking in. I appreciate this site! Truly a lifesaver

@Spex10 yes good news! i have had 2 MUAs and they're no comparison to a replacement. You will be sore for about a couple of days, soreness-not pain. i used a hot pad on my thigh to help with that. Warm baths help too! My knee felt looser after. Unfortunately I had to have a 2nd one along with arthroscopic surgery to battle some tough scar tissue.

Try not to worry. You'll do fine. The worst part of the MUA is anticipating it!

Glad to hear you are doing well, I gained ROM more than a year after recovery, you still have time. Keep living your life and it will come.
Thanks for the encouragement for members facing a MUA. @KellyBob is facing a MUA, I am sure she will appreciate your feed back.

I was reading through your posts you have had some time of it also, like you stairs are a problem but not due to weakness mine is just the pain in the front lower knee cap area and the stiffness of the knee at those particular angles ... mostly mine feels unstable with pain thats why I ordered the brace. I don't know if you happened to see my video of my knee? Im posting here just in case you hadn't
I don't know if you ever encountered this. Hopefully you continue to progress in ROM

Wow those noises are weird! I know that concerns you! I had therapy this evening and she said that my knee feels like it is still scar tissue. She said that it's not a "hard stop" which means that it has the capability to bend. I'll keep working!

Boy! I never realized that recovery would be so long!

Best wishes to you! @spyac3

@Josephine can you tell be if it's wise to have a MUA after 18 months? My range is still not good. I'm struggling to walk 100 yards! I had 2 but my knee was still healing and now it is close to being healed. It is also still so sore around my scars , from replacement and arthroscopic surgery. ( both sensitivity and soreness to the touch)

If it's necessary, then it could be done. But the question is, could it be necessary after 18 months. I somehow doubt it.

What is your ROM anyway?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mtcwp
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom