Standard Shoulder Replacement Standard Shoulder Replacement/New Knees; Now new Shoulder

Lexus05

Country
United States United States
I have been scheduled for a Standard Left Shoulder replacement on July 21, 2020. I've had both knees done last year, and know what to expect from that, but have no idea how to prepare for a shoulder replacement. Any advise you all can give me would be greatly appreciated! Can't find anything much on the internet.

Pumpkln

Country
@Lexus05
Welcome back to BoneSmart! :welome:
You were probably given shoulder blades squeezes after your shoulder arthroscopy, suggest you start back with them. Having the muscles that support the shoulder blade strong to stabilize your shoulder will be important for your recovery.
You can also work on gentle strengthening of your other arm muscles.

Post op you will be in a sling for 3-4+ weeks.
Active motion may start at 6 to 8 weeks.
You will be seeing a PT for your post surgery recovery/rehabilitation.

OP
OP
L

Lexus05

Country
I had no PT after my arthroscopy. Don't know what shoulder blade squeezes are. I was given a pulley, but no other instructions.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
1594170001695.png

1594169752878.png

Congratulations on getting a surgery date. Read through some of the threads in this forum and you'll find some tips on preparing for surgery. You also might want to check out some of the threads in the Shoulder Recovery Forum to see what to expect after surgery. We'll be here for you if you have any questions or concerns.

We've had quite a few BoneSmarties with shoulder replacements the past year and it's a very good surgery.....most people report wonderful results. I know my shoulder is so much better and I'm able to do things pretty much normally now.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Disney Mom
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom