Stairs after Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanaFred

I am having a bilateral hip replacement in December and I am concerned about using the stairs to my apartment after six weeks of rehab. Does anyone have experience about how well one can use stairs after both hips are replaced?

Hello Lana and welcome to BoneSmart. You'll find that's one thing they make sure you can do satisfactorily before you get discharged. You might find it beneficial to set up a temporary sleeping place downstairs if you have a loo downstairs, but most people have reported they can manage stairs even with a bilateral.

Hi, Lana! Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. So glad you decided to join us. We'll be here for you if you have any questions or concerns before or after surgery. Or.....just check in now and then to say hi...we love to hear from all our members and know how you're getting along.

Thank you for the feedback! I am going to ahead and move to an apartment on ground level before the surgery. I am single, so I think this will be a good idea. Any tips on exercises prior to surgery? I've been doing the exercises from PT that I learned for flexibility and core strengthening.

Work on strengthing your quad muscle...that is very important in recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member