Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

I went online and couldn't find the ones you have, cementless.

I did find others that were just as good but unfortunately they do not meet the free 2 day shipping criteria. It's not the shipping charges it's the fact that the ship time is too long . I'll just go to Walgreens . Walmart is way too big a store to navigate with my knee and it would be hard to get into one of those scooters at this time .

@MathProf Thank you,♥️ I used to live in Ft. Myers . Loved the beach! We used to go to this restaurant for lunch that was right on the gulf. The water was like a bathtub and I remember the sailboats would be so close to where we were eating. Can't remember the name of the restaurant though.

@Feggie Read your story-. You have had your share of struggles as well . After my first knee replacement my physical therapist was way too rough .So much so he hurt my knee in the first week by pushing down way too hard . I was unable to do any therapy for the next week . I'm convinced his aggressiveness was a big reason that I needed a MUA . This time I will not allow a therapist to be aggressive . And from what I understand my OS doesn't believe in aggressive therapy.

The more I talk to people the more I realize that I'm not the only one with mother issues. Thank you for telling me about yours

Omg what a day.

I went to my new/old pain MGMT Dr. He gave me a prescription for oxycodone 7.5/325 which I had taken before my 2 recent surgeries. I had had that medication filled many times at Walgreens which is the only pharmacy I can use under my insurance .

Not only have I filled that many times but in the past few months have had multiple but different pain medication prescriptions filled there with absolutely no issues. Ever .

So, I pull up to the drive thru and the pharmacy mgr is at the window . She takes my prescription, looks at her computer and proceeds to interrogate me. It was so bad I felt like I was being questioned by the Boca PD. At the end of her interrogation she said she needed to call the Dr to verify the prescription .

Well that somehow morphed into needing additional info from.my Dr . Walgreens tried calling my Dr .and wasn't getting the info .Nor would they tell me just what kind of "info" they needed. I called my Drs office 3 times to get them to call Walgreens and each and every time I was promised that they would and each and every time they didn't.

I then called them after 5 when I didn't hear from them thinking I could leave a VM message. Instead I got their service and left a rather nasty message with them.

I am at my wit's end. I'm the patient. I'm in pain .And I'm being treated like a criminal by walgreens and a non entity by my pain Drs office. Not understanding how people can be so incompetent and still have a job .I know if I did a job like they did I'd be fired.

Last edited:
:console2: I don’t know what to say, I wish I could fix it for you.

Argh, sorry you have to go through this, remember to use Ice and Elevation in the meantime.

Can you go to the doctor's office in person as a walk in and talk to them about Walgreens request for more information?

@Motherbone I'm going to have to. I just hate to do it because I'm in pain and I have my follow up with my OS late tomorrow .Too much running around but I guess I'll have no choice . Sucks

I'm so sorry you have to go through this! Complain to your surgeon or the office manager. The office should have made those calls. I hope you get some relief today!

@SusieShoes Thank you :). Thankfully I don't need to . After much aggravation it finally worked out .

Update:

So, after waking up at 4 an due to pain i'd had enough.

As soon as 8:30 am hit I called Walgreens corporate customer care line and actually spoke to someone who gave a :censored: .

She totally understood my situation especially since she had had 2 knee surgeries. She told me exactly what info Walgreens needed which was nothing more than a diagnosis code and to verify that I was in fact a patient and the prescription was valid . She was so unhappy about the way I was treated she is going to file a formal complaint against the pharmacy mgr who interroated me .

Since my prescription was now on corporates radar she said that the pharmacy will now make sure it is filled . And something worked because my prescription is finally ready!

A heads up to anyone in FL. She.told me that FL is the ONLY state where the laws are so strict because there has been a lot of fraudulent prescriptions that people are trying to fill .( No surprise there) Therefore, people who are really legitimately in need of pain medication are getting stuck in the crosshairs . Apparently under the new law if pharmacists do not strictly follow the law as to what needs to be on the actual prescription their license can be suspended for 6 weeks. But, she said some of the pharmacists are taking it to a whole new ( unwarranted);level . And are even outright denying people's medication. That is exactly why she filed the complaint . The pharmacist I dealt with went overboard in her questioning.

I think the only reason I had a good outcome was because I took it farther up the food chain. .But I shouldn't have had to.

Thanks to all of you who have been there for me throughout my rocky journey .♥️

Awesome update! I’m sorry you had to handle that so early in recovery and in pain, but, you go, girl!!! I will keep in mind going corporate to complain. Where did you get the phone number?

And I hope you get good relief from this medication.

@arizonaone, good for you for being pro-active!!! We have to look out for ourselves, no one else will! Very impressive.:yes!: A good role model.

You certainly are a good role model. We can all learn from your experience. It's a shame you had to go through all that to get that experience.

What really sucks, IMHO, is that the FL legislators think they know more than the doctors!!!! This new law they passed is ridiculous, and from what I understand, a lot of the opioid problem started with the drug companies and their willingness to send 2000 pills to a town of 100 people every month - or something ridiculous like that. It was a great idea to call the Walgreen corporate - I wouldn't have thought of it! This is something that all FL knee patients should know about!

@Jockette I googled and googled. Had to dig pretty hard for it. They don't make it easy . Here's the # should you ever need it .800-925-4733.

@Cementless , @sistersinhim Thank you. I try to be .And I have all the time on my hands hands right now, although it's aggravating .

Cementless- I had my first follow up with my OS today . I didn't know this but while he cemented the prothesis into the bone above my knee he did not cement it into my tibia and states the bone will grow into it. . So maybe instead of arizonaone I should be cementless 2? Lol

@arizonaone, as long as you don't have osteopenia, you should be fine. It will take longer for the bone to grow into the implant. Mine never grew into the tibial implant but did in the femur implant. Go figure.

@MathProf In 2012 I worked for a prescription management company in FL .We would provide medication to Drs offices who would then sell them to their patients . I worked in the PIP auto Dept handling collections for money billed and owed under the PIP portion of the insureds polucy.

There were patients who would get 100's of o,pioids a month. And some were close to 1,000. The fraud depts of every major insurance Co were investigating the company I worked for.

As a licensed insurance adjuster I couldn't ethically stand by and do nothing . So I met on the down low with one of the insurance companies and had lots of documentation that I had gathered.

I then called the DEA and met with 2 agents in a black SUV in a parking lot in Orlando . I had bags of docs for that meeting too. It was like a scene right out of a lifetime movie . ( True story)

And then I quit.

And they could have cared less .Or pretended they didn't .And now we have the strictest opioid laws in the country. The only reason they give a :censored: now is because it's all political.

The kicker of it all - my boss was busted for major amounts of cocaine in NY in the 90's and had a string of bad checks in CA .Tell me how he was able to run a DRUG management company in FL?? Huge kickbacks to someone.

Wow. I used to have such an exciting life. :rotfl: .What happened . Oh wait. A knee replacement and then an infecion and then.......

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back