Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

@Celle I don't think I was clear in what I was taking. My OS sent me home with the 5/325 Percocets which is his usual procedure .

My pain MGMT Dr prescribed 20 mg of oxycontin ER twice a day along with Lyrica twice a day. He told me to save the Percocet so it can be part of my weaning off program when that cones around

And to make matters worse about 45 min after I took my last dose of oxycontin I broke out in hives . So I took Benadryl . Apparently I'm suddenly alletgic to that medication according to the pharmacist at my local pharmacy .

Going to have to call my pain MGMT Dr in the morning.

It's always something :sigh:

How are things today?? I don't have any advice for you - and I wish I did. I've decided I have a pretty high pain tolerance level (which explains 4 years with an infection before I really started to gripe!). So any pain meds I have been on have always been effective, and always been easy to wean off of. I have been lucky. But I do agree that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so please don't hesitate to complain about unexplained symptoms! One thing I found at my OS office was that when I found the one person who would listen, she was the one I would always ask for. Even if what I needed wasn't her job, if I went to her first, things got resolved. So if you can find that person, use them as your advocate.

@MathProf Unfortunately I have always had a low tolerance for pain which explains why I've needed pain magmt for the past couple of years.

Not feeling so good today. But I did call my pain MGMT Dr this morning and told his assistant what was happening. I'm waiting for a call back from him. I'm also extremely depressed,. I need help with some of my daily activities and have a call into the nurse case manager for my insurance Co . Hopefully she will approve at least a few visits. I need someone to help with light cleaning and laundry.

I agree about finding the one person in my OS office that will help . In fact it is always been Christina his office PA .If I gave to call again for a problem I will specifically ask for her as I don't really want to speak to the one I just spoke to.

Thanks for mentioning this . Didn't think of it

I really appreciate your checking in with me, :thankyou:

How are things going with you?

With my knee, fine. Scheduled a PET scan yesterday to be sure the breast cancer isn't back. During all of my various blood tests, one of the PA's in IL (who had worked for an oncologist) suggested we retest a cancer marker and it was high. I don't really think there is a problem, but we are being prudent. I'll have the scan on Monday and we will know Wednesday for sure.

Just reading your last post. I remember the depression very well. I’ve never felt that way before and I felt lost and lonely and in pain. Horrible! I hope today is better for you. Did you get some help with the house and laundry? This is such a long recovery and I’ve not been through what you have. I truly hope youll be doing better soon.

On a positive note...It looks like cooler weather is headed our way next week.

Praying for negative scan :praying:

Melanie

@MathProf I’m sure everything is ok and the scan will be negative. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way .please let me know the outcome. I will be thinking about you. :console2:

@flsungirl Yes depression is terrible .And I think the pain magnifies it.

What's worse is being alone. All my friends live far from me. Except for one. While he's a really good friend his friendship comes at a cost that I just can't deal with right now.

Here's hoping the weather does get cooler. I think it would help my mood.

I'm going to a new pain MGMT Dr on Monday . So I'm hoping I start to feel a little better afterwards.

Hope you're doing ok!

And btw- mathprof is having the scan

Last edited:
@Celle No worries .I just wanted to make sure that mathprof knew you were thinking of her . And was worried she may not see your post in my thread.

@Motherbone Today was not a good day. Did a little laundry because I had to . Then went to use my ice machine which then started spraying water everywhere. Apparently the part that goes on the knee sprung a leak . Had to clean up water and start blow drying my pillow and quilt that got wet . By the time I was done my knee seemed more swollen and stiff than usual. .Tried to use peas but not the same. I'm going to call the company tomorrow and see if they'll send me out a new part for free .I used the thing for less than 3 weeks and it already broke. Unbelievable.

I'm in pain and the meds just aren't working. And they're making me nauseous. So I'm not eating much. Maybe I'll loose a couple of pounds . .

Tomorrow I see a new pain MGMT Dr . So I'm hoping I can get something that's not as strong but actually works .

I'm so depressed. I wish I had someone to help me.

I'm sorry I'm such a downer today but it's just been a really rough few days.

I so appreciate you checking in .:loveshwr: . So sweet.

How are you doing?

@arizonaone, we are here!!! You are not alone! Take and hour at a time. Can you freeze some gallon size freezer bags and then double bag them? Do you have an old ice pack you can put ice in? :ice: :idea:

@arizonaone, this is all I use!!! I have 4 that I keep in the freezer. They are the best! Order them from Walmart and have them delivered ASAP. I wrap them in at least 2 dish towels.

Attachments

• Cold Compress from Walmart 1.jpg
    Cold Compress from Walmart 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Cold Compress from Walmart 2.jpg
    Cold Compress from Walmart 2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 147
@Cementless Thank you so much for the suggestions. I do have freezer bags to fill .Totally forgot about using them to make ice .

And thank you for the Walmart idea .I'm going to go online and order tonight .I think that now have free 2 day shipping.

I know that as long as I have my Bonesmart family I'll never be alone .:console2:♥️♥️

You can check out Amazon, too. They have the 2 day shipping for Prime members.

@Jockette, yes at the store...that is where we buy ours!!! I assume you can get them online too.

@arizonaone Depression is awful - I have been in a funk lately but was at an event on Ft. Myers Beach on Saturday and just seeing the gulf made me feel better. @Cementless was right, you are not alone - we are here for you!

I have read your entire thread and am praying you are on the road to recovery. I am in S. Fl . I had a severe allergic reaction to codeine and ended up in ER so can only take Tramadol. Please keep us posted on your progress. My mother sounds like yours, age 91 and so cruel to me sometimes. I think she is upset that right now she is not the center of attention. I would check with your insurance company to see if you might qualify for some additional home help.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom