THR Stabbing hip pain 6 years on

Hello again. The X Ray looks good and physio says it's Trochanteric Bursitis. It seems that the smallest amount of walking brings the pain back so I'm resting a lot and using ice and heat. I'm told this condition can take a long time to heal. Does anyone else have experience of this?

I reread it myself and went to the link where it mentions could correct in few weeks with physiotherapy?
Have you been overdoing your physical activity as of late do you think?

Last edited:
Does anyone else have experience of this?
LOADS of people including me! I've had it twice, left and right! Both times I got my GP to do a cortisone injection and they worked like magic!

Hi Mojo333. I've always been very active which means..walking (fast), stretching, light weight training and stationary cycling. I'm due to go on holiday which involves lots of walking and step climbing in 3 months, so if it's not healed,I'll arrange a cortisone shot to get me through. May I PM about anterior THR please as this is of interest when the other hip is ready?

Certainly, though you have a wealth of opinions from many anterior hippies here. We all learn from your questions and the answers you receive.
My anterior approach was almost textbook perfect to date, but it is the approach my surgeon trained for and is very skilled at.
Upside seemed to be lack of restrictions and I was able to become mobile and back to work rather quickly.
Downside...deep healing will take same amount of time irregardless of approach, and quick bounce back can cause you to do too much too soon if not careful which has the potential for creating chronic issues.
I have done splendidly, some bumps in the road not withstanding.
Hope injections bring relief...I've heard bursitis is miserable.

Bursitis is the pits. Cortisone has worked wonders on mine in the past. Had problems with it in left leg prior to recent surgery. If it is still a problem when I return to os I plan on asking for shot. However, I am hopefull that retst and med for right hip is getting back in line.

Hi @omruds
Sorry for your struggles. Hopefully the ice and rest you are trying help
ease the pain before your trip.
If not, at least you have an option with the injection. I'm telling you...this getting old
biz is no fun some days. Hope things start looking up.
A peaceful weekend to you!

Hi Layla,
Thank you for your kind words and have a great weekend.

Hope you have a peaceful weekend. So hard to get comfy or sleep with sore hip...much sympathy

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back