THR ssbluewolf Recovery Journey

Glad you are home, and at your mom's. Hope they get your apartment done. Maybe it's a good thing, you staying at your mom's. You have good company and support. Someone to talk to and help you with recovery for a few days before you are on your own. ♥️

How lovely for you to have the comfort of your steadfast “jellybean” and your mom! And soon, although certainly not soon enough, your bright-and-shiny apartment. I really appreciate the way you find the positive in each day, but are still direct about what challenges you. I hope your mom gives you lots of TLC :)

Glad you're home, you will feel so much better. Know you're disappointed about your apartment but at least you're with your Mom and you've got Jelly Bean by your side!
:flwrysmile:

Hope your apartment transition goes smoothly for you. How great to have your Jelly Bean giving you TLC.
Hang in there, you’re making forward movement!

Hello everyone,
The past couple of days have been, how do I put it? Crazy:hairpulling:
@Cecropia, I am moved in, my things are literally everywhere, I still haven’t found the microwave or my beloved coffee pot :bawl:The movers management were supposed to hire, turned out to be three maintenance workers whom, even though the boxes were marked ‘brightly’ kitchen, den, bed, ect decided to play a game of let’s put boxes and furniture anywhere we want. And I mean anywhere, there is a guitar and violin on my kitchen counter, my beautiful primitive kitchen hutch is in the den. My poor daughters worked vigorously last night, climbing, and moving boxes in and out of a smaller bedroom; just to get my box springs, so they could finish putting my bed together. We were all exhausted, but I slept like a baby ( had a bad week at my moms, we clash) plus ( management was suppose to have my apt done a week before surgery, every time I called, I got a new story...all the way up to moving day. I had just had it, and with things bad at moms, I needed to be home or I was going to be back in the hospital)

Today, ( 7/16/19) I ended up at the doctor because my incision started bleeding, so bad it came through my cloths. I just broke.
My oldest daughter has the patience of Job, no lie! She calmed me down, because I’m an emotional wreck, I’m exhausted mentally and physically at this point! My OS is great, they got me right in today, I had xrays ( that was horrific; the way they made me lay, and so rude...even after telling how painful it was in tears).
Dr said it was normal drainage, that everything looked good and wants me to clean it with beta-dine and redress twice a day. I didn’t mean for this to be such a long post, sorry:cry: but I love you guys so much!
Many Blessings

@ssbluewolf
Wow, you have had a time. I'm sorry you had trouble with your incision. What a bunch of mover losers...
Don't worry about long posts, we like all kinds, long, short and in between. I've wrote some letters myself.
Just glad you are okay. Glad you are in your apartment and hope you find your coffee pot and microwave, if you have not already. We could send @Elf1 up there to hunt down those movers. :heehee:

I'm ready, let me know when you need me! :heehee:

I will admit that I have no sense of humor with incompetence, laziness and lack of empathy for the patient. Seems that we're all having to deal with varying levels of this. :nah:

That is terrible the way the management got the three stoogies to move your things. I'm sure it's better in a jumble of boxes than at your mom's place it sounds. You've got some great kids to help put some order to your place. Stay ahead of the pain and ice up. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to take next pill. At least I will when I get my new script tomorrow. Rest well.

Poor @ssbluewolf
I'm so sorry this had been so rough on you.
Hope all eases very soon.

Note to self: do not move into new apartment one week post hip replacement :giggle:

Once the essentials are in place, all else can just wait, right?
Take it easy and keep that ice going:ice:
Healing hugs coming your way.:) :-) (:

Wowza! That’s a handful and a half. I can’t imagine.

I think @Mojo333 is on to something here, when she talks about “essentials.” My mom told me it takes at least a year to move into a house. And from all the experienced hippies here, it sounds like it takes a year to heal and rehab a new hip - or at least, we keep on seeing improvements for many months. So, it’s an interesting challenge to be patient right now, just at the start, so that the house chaos doesn’t distract from the early days hip healing necessities. I feel very certain that if you can get your house safe and minimally functional - and then get your body the rest and time it needs to get stable and strong, you’ll finish both projects up together like a champ!

Oh @ssbluewolf I'm so sorry you had to throw in a move so soon after surgery! That's a TOUGH one! Glad family is around to help. We are the same age ;) Soooo many people still cannot believe that I really needed a THR. I know for me even amidst all the pain, it was SUPER HARD for me to accept that I needed a THR. I wanted there to be another solution. But I'm just now in the last few days really starting to believe I can return to an active normal life....I was doubtful no matter what everyone said.

Just take it slow. Even with being in my 40's I definitely did not have a quicker recovery than anyone else. Don't get frustrated if you are on the walker or cane longer than you expected. Take your pain meds as long as you need to. OH, and really hope you find that important coffee pot!!!

@Elf1, I’m so glad to hear how well you are doing, you are an inspiration. I know how excited you were about finally getting a shower; I cant wait myself, I’m about to run myself off :bath:. I finally got to see my incision for the first time the other day; I have 32 staples :shocked:. Now I know why I hurt so bad and can barely sit or lay lol. I’ve never had staples before so I am very nervous about getting them taken out; I can take pain, I’m just a chicken. I go 7/24 to see my OS, wish me luck.
My physical therapist came today. She was very sweet and told me I was stubborn :heehee:; which is true, I am. I admit, I have overdone it and pushed myself to thin, but I haven’t had much of a choice. She wants to see about getting a nurse come out to check on me for awhile, so we will see.
On an up note, I found the missing coffee pot:yay: and I have used it all day! Lol
Hoping for Brighter tomorrow with one step closer to were I need to be!
Many Blessings

It doesn't usually hurt when they take the staples out, on some you kind of feel a much but you will feel so much better once they have been removed! If course then the itch from healing starts, it's never ending! :loll:

@ssbluewolf Gosh! I just read your post about your moving fiasco. I would have crumpled into a sobbing mess. How great you have a strong daughter. Mine would be similar. Isn’t it funny when our kids start to mother us? It’s good to feel loved, and it sounds like you did a good job raising your daughters. You have had way more than your fair share to manage (as if there’s any such thing as fair. It just IS).

I’m so glad you got the incision cared for. I still get startled by incision twinges and have to reassure myself it’s not bleeding... The trauma in X-ray, I know just what you mean, been in tears a few times. Hope each day you can feel some progress, or believe it’s around the corner. A visiting nurse would be a comfort, I hope you get a gem!

Hello all,
I haven’t been online much the past few days. I’ve been having some bad days lately. I’m still having a lot of pain and some drainage from my incision, that makes me nervous ( I go back to OS tomorrow morning). In all honestly the psychological part has been the hardest to deal with. I’ve been so depressed and have cried everyday, most all day; at times regretting having my surgery. I know it’s just because I am a very independent person that’s use to being able to go go go and right now I can’t....this too shall pass, but sometimes it gets to me. I’m alone for the majority of the time and can’t get the things I need right now so that is just added stress. I’m hoping I’ll be able to drive sooner than later. I have one in home PT appt left before I have to switch to out patient, so that will not work if I can’t drive myself. I feel I need to keep up my Pt because my leg is week and my gait is still off and limping bad. I know I’m just rambling today; it’s how my mind feels lately; will I ever get back to me again lol
Thank you all for just letting me vent,
Many Blessings

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88