THR Squeaks: "houston we have a problem"

Thanks so much Jacey and swamphiker for your kind words fellow cat rescuers.

Mr squeaks gets his name from the sound he makes when its feeding time which he always seems to know to the nearest minute though each morning around 6am he gives a gentile soft tap of my nose or cheek by his paw as he sits on my chest to wake me up for feeding.

I just read your thread swamphiker. So glad how you are managing. You are doing so well and im really impressed. Well done! Your sense of humour is hilarious by the way.

Its around 1pm here and this limey is feeling sleepy. Good night all and sending happy thoughts for you all.

Sweet dreams :sleep:
Happy to read you're doing well :yay:
A great week to you!
@Squeaks123

Cats train their humans so well :mooncat:

Thank you, I have been quite fortunate with my recovery. As for my sense of humor, laughter is the best medicine (at least in my opinion). I am taking the time to grow and learn from this experience though and I am looking to do some volunteer work for those who have lost mobility after I'm back on my feet fully. I never realized how lost I was until I found myself on this journey.

I admire the strength and resilience you are pushing forward with. I hope you get some rest.

:hi:
So glad things are leveling off for you.
It is definitely a journey, but much easier with a paddle...and time...and Bonesmarties!:loveshwr:

Thanks guys for your kind words mojo333, layla, swamphiker and all.. I can say now this forum-all you guys have contributed to my resolve and i thank you all for that.
swamphiker im glad to read this experience has helped you find yourself and from a new perspective which i think challenging experiences can show us new dimensions of ourselves and offer us more oportunities to grow. What a credit you are regarding volunteer work and lucky the people are who will recieve your kindness.
And so true humour is one of natures best natural remedies.
I will now catch up again on how everyone else is doing.
blessings to you all

Happy Monday to you!
Hope you're doing well @Squeaks123
Best wishes for a great week ahead.

Hi @Squeaks123 and squeaks@6am! :wave:I know you said you have an appointment in mid December, so nothing hip and trending on that front for now. What's going on. Have you knitted the cat sweaters, hand carved a kayak (with extra paddles), built an igloo? What have you been up to? Too much? Do I need to turn it down a little? I hope you are smiling. Good things are coming your way soon.

Thanks so much guys.
Hi swamphiker..haha no need to tone it down. I tried building an igloo out of ben and jerrys peanut butter ice cream but ate my way out of it immediately.
My hand carved kayak sank on first attempt. too many bubbles in the bath upset its buoyancy.
The cat swester squeaks loved but hes still unsure about the tail warmer i knitted to the end of it haha.
Been hobbling around recently on crutches hitting the xmas market fairs and seeing friends. bought all my xmas pressies and eating from my reeses advent calender yum yum -when I was stateside I remember my favourite ice cream on the go- twisty treats broken reeses bits peanut butter ice cream..oh divine!
And wow swamohiker HAPPY 1 MONTH ANNIVERSARY! And your back to work. It must have been nerve wracking the night before and glad 1st day is now out of the way for you. Your a real trooper and thars inspirition to us all.

Hope all is well with everyone

I tried building an igloo out of ben and jerrys peanut butter ice cream but ate my way out of it immediately.
You have good taste!

Wow, sounds like treacherous seas for that hand carved kayak. I'm sure squeaks is digging the sweater with the tail warmer.

I'm so happy to hear you're getting out. I know it can't be easy getting around. Yes, those holidays are coming. If I had a Reese's advent calender, it would say it's Christmas day already. You have some serious will power there :kittychris:

Thank you, it feels good (although it is exhausting) to be making the transition. You'll be there soon!

Happy One Month Anniversary!
Hope you're having a great weekend so far.
Wishing you a wonderful week to come :SUNsmile:
@Squeaks123

Hi guys . many thanks and hope you are all well. Can't believe its almost christmas and I hope you all are enjoying this time of year and are in good fettle.
I just wrapped mr squeakies xmas pressies and placed under the tree. He cant stop lurking under the tree to sniff one of them. I think he knows there be dreamies cat treats wrapoed up.
Ive just had my consultant appointment today.
A new surgeon has been allocated for a possible op in 3-4 months.
My hip will be requiring a unique hip stem called S-rom due to the problems which my hip architecture would present to a atandard off the shelf hip stem.
I will be having my hip dislocated, sawn in half from head ( Sounds like a stephen king plot haha). then the surgeon will attempt to try to remove the pins before inserting the stem.
I might ask to keep the pins so i can sell them as crochet needles on ebay.
Well thats about it for now except to wish everyone a happy happy week and blessings.

Hi @Squeaks123 :wave:
You sound like you are in good spirits and are very confident in your surgeon so hope this show gets on the road so you can get well.
I will be having my hip dislocated, sawn in half from head ( Sounds like a stephen king plot haha)
That's how they do it...quite rude, yep. I don't know how I thought it would get done...but does make one shudder .

But oh my stars...these new hips sure work well ...so hang in there

Hope your holidays are Bright!:tree:

I just wrapped mr squeakies xmas pressies and placed under the tree. He cant stop lurking under the tree to sniff one of them. I think he knows there be dreamies cat treats wrapoed up.
Wow - you are brave. My cat Simba would have that present torn open and eaten immediately!

Sounds like your appointment went well! Not sure if they will let you keep the pins but no harm in asking!

I just lile to wish everyone a Happy enjoyable christmas for all.
I wish everyone good health and hope everyone has a most enjoyable time.
All the very best wishes to you all ! :snow plough:

Hi there @Squeaks123
I hope your surgery takes place before you're suffering too greatly.
Sounds like quite the operation planned.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with two new hips and no more hip pain.
:merry christmas:

Hope Today is a good day.:kittychris:

***Happy New Year *****

To all. I wish everyone and your families a very happy year and all the very best wishes your health.

Happy New Year. It sounds like your new surgeon has a handle on the pin removal. That's how they did mine. I forgot to ask for them, would have been nice to have them after all of the things we went through together!

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope your recovery is moving along smoothly.
Please leave an update next time you stop by. We'd love to read of your progress.
Wishing you peace, health and happiness in the New Year.
@Squeaks123

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks