TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

Yay, the day is finally here! I’ll be waiting for you on this side of the game. You are going to rock it tomorrow!!!

Good Luck and hope all goes well for your Surgery today :flwrysmile:

I am here and alive! Surgery was at about 10:20 and I was in recovery by 12:20 and my room around 1. Feeling ok, spinal still working, but legs are starting to wake up. I’ll check back in later. :)

Good luck. Hope your recovery is smooth and painless as possible.

So far its been pretty good. My hubby visited for a couple hours this afternoon and I will facetime the kids tonight. Pt came in and did some gentle exercise on both legs. Sat up in bed and felt nauseated. It passed, I managed to stand and hold it for a couple mins, but then felt sick again. Unfortunately I did vomit a bit but since then I have felt ok, they gave me meds for it too. Hoping to not have a repeat tomorrow! I have been dozing all afternoon in between all the check in visits lol. Pain is about a 4-5, taking oxy every 4 Hours and tylenol and something else, sorry brain is fuzzy. Overall I feel pretty good, I contribute that to knowing what to expect this time. Will check in again tomorrow :)

It's wonderful that you got this surgery behind you. You've been through it already and pretty much know what to expect. Remember though, that no two knees are alike, even on the same person! Take it slow and easy. I hope you have a good night.

Hello bonesmarties!

Well last night was not fun, pain is at 7-8, can’t seem to get it under control yet. They are working on tweaking my meds. Slept off and on, not really restful

Second of all, I am on the struggle bus. I have not have any urine output myself, had to be cathed twice, even with non stop fluids and drinks. They gave me flowmax today to hopefully jump start that. I didn’t have much in my bladder this morning.

I had another episode of almost passing out from just sitting up. Hit me fast, was fine and all the sudden got hot and woozy. Now they are doing bp checks 3 times each (laying down, sitting up and standing up). I was still on oxygen this morning, currently off. I am upright in a chair and sleeping off and on. Still monitoring my heart rate as well, it has been up quite a bit.

This time is so much more different than my last tkr. I know each is different but man this is throwing me for a loop. Fingers crossed it gets better today.

Pt just stopped in, I am on a do not get up and walk right now, so they just did exercises and measured.
Extension:4
Rom:80 (yay!)

I hope you can get that urine and wooziness under control. Other than that everything sounds ok.

@SpaceGirl Sounds like your knee is doing well, Now you just have to get the rest of your body to get with the program.. Hoping for a speedy improvement!

@SpaceGirl ... I hope you are feeling better. I’m honestly in awe of those who have had this surgery twice. You are all so brave! Best wishes for a successful recovery!

Well that doesn’t sound like fun at all! Sorry it’s been a bumpy start... hopefully just a little blip! (That’s a pretty nifty ROM at least!)

Here’s a little pain mgmt funny: When I was in the hospital for my THRs, I started howling with pain while on the toilet. The nurse ran in and pushed dilauded while I was still on the toilet. It made me so dizzy and woozy, I was stuck on the can for 20 more min until I could stand without hitting the ground!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020