Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

@sistersinhim it looks like something I’ll bring home with me after surgery. I also need to ask about an ice machine, I don’t see it listed so want to be prepared with more ice packs if that’s the case. Doesn’t seem to be a CPM either, this surgeon is younger so he may not use them

CPM is definitely out of favor these days. So I'm not surprised your surgeon didn't prescribe one. Hopefully he will agree to an ice machine. This can make it easier to ice for longer periods.

Found out I get the ice machine at the hospital after surgery, which is better than having to lug it to the hospital like I have done in the past :)

Did all my pre-op testing yesterday. Still working on micromanaging my insurance lol.

Pulled down a cabinet in the kitchen to make room for the new fridge and painted the wall where the cabinet was previously. I must be nesting, all I want to do is clean and organize things.

That's a behavior we see often as surgery nears. It's all good....just be careful not to overdo things to the point of inflaming your knee. You don't want to go into surgery with an angry knee.

Got my approval for surgery so big sigh of relief there. New fridge gets delivered day after tomorrow. In bad news though, my mom, who broke her femur in May, all of the sudden couldn’t walk again. Physical therapy graduated her with a bunch of hip exercises to do. She went for a MRI Thursday and we found out Friday she somehow tore every tendon ligament and muscle off her hip. I think she probably tore them initially when she broke her femur. Either the PT or something else she did tore them the rest of the way. Of course she can’t get in until tomorrow at the earliest and she’s getting the run around. I had to remind her we’re kinda in the same boat. I feel so bad for her but I also can’t do much to help. Sometimes the medical system is so frustrating. I don’t know why they didn’t check this all when she broke her femur.

I’m glad your surgery has been approved. I’m so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets into see the MD tomorrow and they can come up with a plan to help her.

I’m glad things are falling into place for you, as you prepare for surgery, again. :console2:

Oh, your poor mama. I know you feel bad about not being able to help her, but you have to concentrate on helping yourself right now. Great news that you have whittled through the insurance company to get your approval for your revision!

I'm sort of putting my head in the sand again, while also trying to get stuff done in the process. Still waiting to hear on my mom, seems to be a big fiasco.

Does generic tylenol work as well as name brand? I'm having a hard time finding the name brand and wanted to get some more prior to my surgery but I can get the generic pretty easily and way cheaper

Yes, generic Tylenol should work just as well. Often, the only difference is that the generic doesn't have a nice shiny coating that makes it easier to swallow.
Make sure you buy the Extra-strength Tylenol, with 500 mg in each tablet.

Generic drugs don't have to pay for all that advertisement either. I always use the generic when I can find it.

Got a bottle of 500 of the generic 500mg, it's like 6 dollars, the Tylenol brand was 22 dollars for a bottle of 250 last time I bought one and now no places has them in stock.

I really wish my mom were computer literate, I'd point her this way. We found out today when she broke her femur in May she also cracked her hip ball (don't know what it's called) and the bone has now died and shattered, so.... that's why she can't walk and it hurts. She met with the surgeon today and is now having her hip replaced September 22nd (2 days before I go in for my revision). They would have done it this weekend but want to make sure she gets appropriate testing because she has a heart condition as well as lung problems. I feel so bad for her but hopefully now that they know what is wrong she'll have a good outcome.

I hope your mother's surgery goes well - yours too.
I'll be thinking of you both.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I agree with you that sometimes the medical system can be very frustrating. But having the hip replaced should take care of her pain problem and allow her mobility again. Just be aware that if they do a lot of repair work on soft tissue tears, her recovery could be a bit more involved than just a straightforward hip replacement.

Best of luck on your surgery as well!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member