Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

How aggravating. I know you'll be glad to get out of there.

Finally made it home, took me calling my surgeon. He said everything went great, he put a spacer that’s two sizes bigger in and said it’s very stable now. Was up walking to and from the bathroom at the hospital with just my walker. Currently strapped into my ice machine with my feet up :) so happy to be home

Sure! I'll change your thread title for you.

Feeling pretty good have been able to sleep pretty well on my side since surgery. Haven’t had to use pain meds except Tylenol but I have to pull my pain ball today so that might change. Icing and elevating mostly and doing some gentle stretches bending. Did throw a load of laundry in the washer today will have my bf throw it In the dryer when he gets home. Went back to work remotely a little bit today. My biggest complaint is tummy problems since I got out of the hospital but I had some low carb ice cream I think may be the culprit. My surgeon has me in a straight leg brace until I can consistently do a straight leg raise, can’t even do one yet but that’s fine. Other knee is protesting a little bit but that’s not surprising. Feel like I’m doing pretty good so far

That's good news Sondra sounds like you've got it sussed, hopefully not too much pain once you have removed the pain ball xx

It sounds like you're getting along really well, especially for just 4 days out!

I feel like I’m doing exceptionally well. Not to say it’s not sore or I don’t get tired. But I think not cutting bones makes it a bit easier. Was able to get my first shower tonight with a little help getting the leg in and out of the shower. Felt soooo good!

I loved that first shower! It felt heavenly and I could have stayed in there for hours!

That first shower is wonderful, :bath:.
How is your Mother doing with her broken femur? Hope is she is doing well.

She’s doing alright, no surgery but is in a full brace from hip to ankle and zero weight bearing for at least 3 weeks. She’s struggling more with the can’t get up and do things part of it I think. My brother goes and visits her just about everyday and she lives with my aunt so she has help, just having to sit there and do nothing is getting to her. Hopefully at her follow up it’ll show things healing well.

Glad to hear your mother is doing alright and has family to help. Thanks for the update.

6 days post op, first PT appointment. I measured in at -5/85, which is just amazing. Hoping I can work on my gait a bit and discontinue PT fairly quickly this time. Also, drove for the first time today, straight leg brace means I have to put the seat all the way back but that’s ok. I feel a little bit like I’m bragging but I’m really just excited

You're doing great!
Don't rush your recovery, but give your knee time to heal.

You've got enough experience now to be able to manage without going to PT and remember that it's your knee, so it's your choice whether you go to PT or not.

So I got some of the Active Skin Repair for my knee, can I use it now or should I wait until my staples are out? Or wait until there’s no open places?

You can use it right now, just be sure whatever you are using to apply it is really clean. It's for wound healing. It's amazing stuff. I will always have some on hand! I just squirt it directly on the wound. It even worked on my cat's nose scrape!

You can start using it now. It's one of the very few things that are safe to put on a wound.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom